1 trillion dollar prize

D
DYJ
did someone say a TRILLION DOLLARS????
BDD_DR_evil_12.16.08.jpg

C
ChezJfrey
Spydeyrch said:
Seriously? Do you know what that works out to be!!!

$1,000,000.00 / 50 years = 200,000.00 per year

$200,000 per year / 12 months in a year = $1,666.67 per month

Normally you get paid twice per month, unless you work for the state or some other once a month company. So......

$1,666.67 per month / 2 times per month = $833.34 per check twice a month.

Two week pay period

$833.34 / 2 weeks = $416.67 per week

40 hour work week

$416.67 / 40 = $10.42 per hour.

The math don't lie!!!!

-Spydey

The thing is, I wouldn't mind someone giving me an extra 1,600/month...I'm OK with that as it's a decent bump in the cash flow for the next 50 years.

However, the odds were astronomical because not only did one have to catch the correctly tagged fish, but if I recall correctly, in order to collect the million, it also had to be caught in the correct order among all the tagged fish caught...something like the 3rd tagged fish caught during the contest. That chance is near nil.

G
GDBrown
OnTheFly said:
Crap! I'm out off the running because I don't even know how to use the stuff.;)

It's OK Jim, even those of us who do know how to use it have a hard time catching steelhead. I'm about ready to throw out all my gear and go to the dark side permanently! .......... No not yet! :lol:

GD

S
sidehillwinder
Mad dog said:
In my 34 years of steelhead fishing I have become a firm believer that steelhead prefer strawberry jello....I'm not kidding!!! ;) :lol:

Wild Cherry rocks but is hard to fine.

S
sidehillwinder
Cabela's double prize deal

Cabela's double prize deal

Spydeyrch said:
Opps, my bad. I meant to type in 20,000.00 in both instances above, but typed in 200,000.00. Yet I calculated everything by 20,000.00 on my calcamapater. Just a little typo on my end. :lol:

but still, that is crazy that they expect to have people chasing fish for a promo that really doesn't exist (the fish doesn't exist) or is near impossible to catch.

the things some companies will do just to get a buck. What ever happened to good old elbow grease, a good name that was earned by good hardwork, honest customer relationship and service, as well as a sound product. Oh how priorities have changed in just the last 50 - 60 years. Sad, so sad. :(

-Spydey

Cabelas did one up on their million dollar prize. If you caught the prize fish using Cabela's trademarked line, pole and lures the prize would DOUBLE! Woo Hoo!!!

A
alseaalumaweld
p.s your cure sucks my grandpa made better roe with raspberry jello powder and borax..

A
alseaalumaweld
well i plan on breaking all 3 states records this winter go get your check book out bud!

H
halibuthitman
alseaalumaweld said:
well i plan on breaking all 3 states records this winter go get your check book out bud!

a man can live 40 days without food, 7 days without water, but only about 5 seconds without hope... good luck with that.. I will be paying in cash so you don't have to pay taxes-

A
alseaalumaweld
halibuthitman said:
a man can live 40 days without food, 7 days without water, but only about 5 seconds without hope... good luck with that.. I will be paying in cash so you don't have to pay taxes-

ok that works i like cash!

A
alseaalumaweld
all be sure to do it on 6lb line to break all line class records to. maybe pline will trow in a nother trillion or so

N
n8r1
halibuthitman said:
as some of you may know, Pautzke bait company is offering a 10,000 prize to Oregon and Idaho anglers that break the current state records for steelhead ( Or, 35.8 lb in 1973 Idaho 30.3 lb in 1970 both natives ) with their bait, only hatchery fish count... in washington 28lbs wins you $5000... so with such a realistic, not at all a ****ing gimmick contest halibuthitman wants to get in on the action... soooo, I will give 1 trillion dollars to anyone who breaks these records with a hatchery fish in the same time period... no wait... I will give the d-bags at Pautzkes 1 trillion dollars if anyone breaks one of these records by lets say... hhhmmmm 2.5 lbs? wow pautzkes.. what a joke of a promo:rolleyes:

12:03am and this post?? Someone was on his 2nd bottle of Jameson's.:lol:

T
TimberTodd
My dad always used cherry jello and borax. If I win will you put the cash in a silver briecase like they do in the movies?
Todd

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Can I be paid in small, unmarked bills. $1's and $5's please.

Top Bottom