Recent content by DanFlashes

  1. DanFlashes

    Beach fishing for cutthroat trout?

    This is generally true. I am not sure, but there may be a regional difference in cutthroat behaviour since Puget Sound is much larger than any bay in Oregon, but I have caught cutthroat trolling in 100 feet of water, and I've caught them casting in a foot of water on a beach a mile from the...
  2. DanFlashes

    Beach fishing for cutthroat trout?

    I just recently moved down to the northern coastal region, and I have been having fun fishing many of the coastal rivers for trout, salmon, and steelhead. In many ways, this feels just like fishing in the many coastal rivers on the Olympic Peninsula and Puget Sound in Washington State. One...
  3. DanFlashes

    Brook trout in Oak Grove Fork of Clackamas and Still Creek?

    Good to know, I appreciate the intel on the water temp. I may try to head back soon and log at least one more day on Mt. Hood this season. I’m about to switch my focus to sea run cutthroat fishing along the coastal rivers, that’s what I enjoy the most about early fall in the PNW.
  4. DanFlashes

    Cutthroat fishing regs in salmon river (Lincoln Co.)

    These are the listed regulations for the salmon river which is one of my favorite spots lately for Sea Run Cutthroat: Salmon River The following apply to open sections below: Open for wild steelhead (1 per day and 3 per year)and hatchery steelhead Jan 1 - Mar 31 and Aug 1 - Dec 3 “Mouth to...
  5. DanFlashes

    Brook trout in Oak Grove Fork of Clackamas and Still Creek?

    I’ve really enjoyed exploring the section between Harriet and Timothy and above Timothy and plan to return soon. This is my first season exploring there, how long into the fall does the fishing stay good in your experience?
  6. DanFlashes

    Brook trout in Oak Grove Fork of Clackamas and Still Creek?

    thank you for the info. Just following up: fished the Oak Grove Fork of the Clackamas where the lake feeds in by the campground. Walked up through the river until I couldn’t anymore and hooked lots of small brook trout and a few cutthroat. Nothing huge but lots of fish.
  7. DanFlashes

    Brook trout in Oak Grove Fork of Clackamas and Still Creek?

    New Oregonian here, long time fly fisherman. I am making my second trip up to Mt. Hood to try to catch some brook trout. I am wondering what results y'all have had fishing the Oak Grove Fork of the Clackamas on the right hand side of Timothy Lake by the Oak Grove campground, or the stretch...
Back
Top Bottom