Word Travels Fast!

hobster
hobster
Very cool story and excellent fish! Glad you could land her after that mess.

C
Carothers
you wonder why word travels fast? it's crowded because people like you tell everyone exactly where to go and how to do it! sometimes you gotta be a little bit selfish and let somebody figure something out instead of being spoonfed on the internet!

D
DYJ
Carothers said:
you wonder why word travels fast? it's crowded because people like you tell everyone exactly where to go and how to do it!
Plumb didn't let any cats out of the bag by saying he caught winter steelhead drift fishing eggs and corkies on the Siuslaw.... unless that's all new to you. :think:

Last edited:
Reactions: TTFishon
C
Carothers
DYJ said:
Plumb didn't let any cats out of the bag by saying he caught winter steelhead drift fishing eggs and corkies on the Siuslaw.... unless that's all new to you. :think:
Nope its definitely not new. I've probably been fishing that river longer than you have. The point is, there is no reason to post location, 100's of people see that report, they tell their buddies, their buddies tell some buddies and pretty soon you have a packed river with a bunch of Nimrods ruining it for not only yourself but everyone else that has been fishing it and figured it out with their own time, money and family history.

Just because an area is full of people doesn't mean you need to post everything about it on the internet. Why make it worse?

B
bigsteel
Carothers said:
Nope its definitely not new. I've probably been fishing that river longer than you have. The point is, there is no reason to post location, 100's of people see that report, they tell their buddies, their buddies tell some buddies and pretty soon you have a packed river with a bunch of Nimrods ruining it for not only yourself but everyone else that has been fishing it and figured it out with their own time, money and family history.

Just because an area is full of people doesn't mean you need to post everything about it on the internet. Why make it worse?
You just posted a report stating you were on the ALSEA and now your giving this guy chit because he named a river,,,get real dude

D
DYJ
nevermind.

Last edited:
M
mosd
Carothers said:
you wonder why word travels fast? it's crowded because people like you tell everyone exactly where to go and how to do it! sometimes you gotta be a little bit selfish and let somebody figure something out instead of being spoonfed on the internet!

And the drama continues

D
dtikey
just wondering how people who are tring to get involved in this sport supposed to start without help???They post the slaw in the register gaurd and every magazine about winter steelhead. There is certian rivers I post about or name but that is just to protect native runs.They plant fish to be caught plan and simple and it is the veteren fishermens job to help out and keep the sport alive I feel.If you dont feel that way cool then but probally shouldnt jump on someones butt for the report.All you gotta do is outfish everyone around you which according to your Alsea report you guys kicked ass.The money from new fishermen is what keeps us into fish through hatcheries and opening up areas that were once closed due to private land.If you dont agree with me perfectly cool and not tring to start and crap just want to make sure I throw out a different outlook.

P
plumb2fish
Carothers said:

MY experience has been, get the nimrods as you call em all frustrated early in the season, they quit and things get back to normal sooner.

C
ChezJfrey
Dang it!

The ODFW has published ON THE INTERNET, that 2,190 hatchery steelhead were tagged in the month of December/January in the last 2 years on the Siuslaw. What if people read that information and tell all their buddies? The 110 miles of river might be PACKED with a bunch of nimrods that to this point, had no idea there were steelhead in that river.

Well, I might take some flak for this, but I'll go ahead and take the heat off the Siuslaw by mentioning that I hooked a steelhead on 1/1, on the Clackamas. I just hope nobody realizes 1,766 steelhead were tagged in Dec/Jan in the last 2 years on that 83 mile river and crowd the fishing.

H
halibuthitman
here's some more info for the newbs.. in low clear water look for those tags in runs and cast about a foot in front of them and "jerk" at the appropriate time.... just sayin- oh, and the wilson river interactive map in the archives taught me everything I know about steelheading...both things-

1 nut in the water
Well if people saw all the steelhead stacked up under the fernridge dam they would barely have to even get out of the car to tag out.....
Looks like they are stacked up until they open the ladder!

P
plumb2fish
Brad,
That won't work on the Siuslaw, they don't tag em.......but if you stand on the bridge at the creek and toss a weighted treble right in front on the little dam thingy and reel til you feel something, then jerk, you might hook into a steelhead. You need one of your buddies to stand on the road and keep an eye out for the game warden though, for some reason they took someone's truck and put him and his buddy on the road in jail just for fishing.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
it almost seems like this thread has 'jumped the steelhead'....

D
DYJ
so plumb... did this hawg make you $245.00 richer?

P
plumb2fish
Indeed it did! Second place fish was 34.5" caught on the Cowlitz by a glo-ball guy night fishing.

S
steelhead_slayer
Congrats!!

O
OnTheDrop
plumb2fish said:
Indeed it did! Second place fish was 34.5" caught on the Cowlitz by a glo-ball guy night fishing.

Nice fish plumb! And congrats on the win! Nothing better than getting a 245$ bonus for doing what you love to do... Well earned man

Tight Lines

P
plumb2fish
Thanks fellas, 20 you are absolutely right about getting paid to fish w/o having to work(guide) rocks

H
halibuthitman
plumb2fish said:
Brad,
That won't work on the Siuslaw, they don't tag em.......but if you stand on the bridge at the creek and toss a weighted treble right in front on the little dam thingy and reel til you feel something, then jerk, you might hook into a steelhead. You need one of your buddies to stand on the road and keep an eye out for the game warden though, for some reason they took someone's truck and put him and his buddy on the road in jail just for fishing.

NO Tags?!!! thats bulls puckey! how in the world are you suppose to know where to cast? of course you would have missed anyway... cause on that pig you would have had to lead him by 2 feet... so I guess just fishing and respecting the proccess works, but I sure wouldn't make a habit of it- good job on the sweet moola... getting paid to fish is sweet-