Wilson river fall chinook

F
FG_Fishing8
DrTheopolis said:
If you're using a spinning reel, I'd probably go with 10#... give or take 2# either way. My last chinook (low water springer on the Clack, about a month ago) was on 8# -- certainly doesn't give you much pull, but light line hooks more fish (don't ever let anyone tell you different). It's better to have hooked and lost than never hooked at all.

I'd also recommend leaving your drag just a hair loose, but still tight enough to get a good hookset. You can (GENTLY) use your forefinger to slow the drag up, but it's hard to go the other way. Drags that are too tight lose more fish than drags that are too loose. Also, if you're using anything but top-of-the-line spinning reels, a couple of "hot" chinook will be the end of your drag washers... your fingertip heals quickly.

I use a casting rod.

T
troutmasta
halibuthitman said:
if your there to take home fish i couldnt agree more with this..if your there just to fish for the sake of fishing... Go with the theo theory-

Great Point

I'm always hungry.

To each thier own though.

F
FG_Fishing8
troutdude said:
X2. I've used 10# many times; and hauled in 30+ lb. Nooks while fishing with all-black spinners (size 3, in my favorite stream). Just have to utilize the strategies described above.

Do you use the spinners in the fall?