What will clear up first??

B
Boombollie
Also, what about bank fishing along Stagecoach Road?

W
wozniasm
brandon4455 said:
right on thanks for the tips td and steelmonkiller. really considering the nehalem or kilches but one of the small coastal rivers closer to me might possibly be in shape by saturday.

The forcast in the paper indicates that the NFN and 3 Rivers should be back in shape as early as Friday making Saturday a hot bet...
The Nestucca is further up so the fish may not be there until later in the week.

brandon4455
brandon4455
wozniasm said:
The forcast in the paper indicates that the NFN and 3 Rivers should be back in shape as early as Friday making Saturday a hot bet...
The Nestucca is further up so the fish may not be there until later in the week.

steve, ill send you a pm soon, 3 rivers will be one of two destinations saturday

J
JeannaJigs
lol good luck brandon :) just be glad it finally rained. Things will drop down soon. Patience.

Boombollie said:
Y'all think the Slaw will be fishable on Sunday? The wife and I are planning a nice pre-rosebowl trip for the morning.

Lol if you plunk with 6 oz weights. It hit almost 19 feet today. It won't be good for a while, the 'slaw runs dirty on a good day and will take a while to drop back down to something not resembling the columbia. Lake creek has some good access, basically every pullout. There's also the konnie memorial area turn left right after you cross the stagecoach bridge. Lake creek is gonna be high but it'll have good color, it's your best bet. Stagecoach follows the slaw after you cross that bridge, so all those holes are gonna be blown out chocolate into the trees.

brandon4455
brandon4455
thanks jeanna, but we called it a no go tomorrow..decided to wait until next week..hitting a little coastal river on the drop

W
wozniasm
brandon4455 said:
thanks jeanna, but we called it a no go tomorrow..decided to wait until next week..hitting a little coastal river on the drop
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

brandon4455
brandon4455
yeah it brings me down a bit too, but it's better then no fishing at all!! next weeks forecast doesn't look too shabby.

M
markasd
Next week is gonna be insane for folks in the know..

E
eggs
Yea if work wasn't going to busy i would take the week off

brandon4455
brandon4455
markasd said:
Next week is gonna be insane for folks in the know..
im going where me and you went last year at that white gate sometime next week.
that water is going to be in perfect shape there and those steelies are going to be thick!

B
billfisher
Stagecoach road is washed out and closed indefinatly!

J
JeannaJigs
Yeah I just saw that. It's only closed at mile 8. Just makes it a longer trip backtracking. I'm sure it will be fixed soon. It's bus route.

brandon4455
brandon4455
me and berg03 are going to a smaller coastal system monday to c&r some nates and bonk any dumb hatch strays that think they are heading to the redds.

B
Boombollie
JeannaJigs said:
It won't be good for a while, the 'slaw runs dirty on a good day and will take a while to drop back down to something not resembling the columbia.
Seems you fish the 'slaw pretty regular, Jeanna-what would be "too high" in your book? Drove past the Wildcat bridge this evening just for sh*ts and giggles, and it was RAGING, but but still a good five foot or more below what looked like the high water mark of a day or so back.

The 'slaw is my closest river and unfortunately I can't cruise up and down the coast as much as I'd like cause I've got to buy diapers before I put gas in the tank to hunt steel.

J
JeannaJigs
I used to fish it all the time but the last couple years since i got the boat, ive been fishing the alsea almost exclusively. As far as the slaw, I like it close to 7 but I'll fish it higher. Water level doesn't matter so much as the turbidity of it. The slaw takes a long time compared to other coastal rivers to clear up, it has a lot of mud and silt. Lake creek clears quicker and often times is merely a green when the slaw is dark brown. I'd give it a go next week if it doesn't rise anymore. If nothing else lake creek will at least be good to go next week, it just doesn't have as many clipped fish

B
Boombollie
Cheers. Looks like it's down to 8 as of forty minutes ago....maybe I'll just go out for a minute this mornin'.......and if if it's chocolate, than off to Lake Creek it is. Thanks for the scoop, homie.

L
Logger707
What did it look like

B
Boombollie
Logger707 said:
What did it look like

Chocolate milk. Started at Austa like I have been, and it was fast and brown. Lake Creek is green but still REALLY high and quick. Checked right above the Farnham Landing ramp around noon and it was smoothing out just a bit. The water looked a little less brown, too. I think we've still got a few days. Lot's of folks are out there givin'er hell, though, but I didn't see or hear of even a hook up.

J
Johnny Southpaw
Hit the Wilson this morning. Was super excited to finally be able to hit the water and expect to dance with some chrome but to no avail. Water looked decent, but no fish to show :( Skunk city. Seemed a bit on the high/fast side to me. Anyone else hit the Wilson today? Any luck? Lots of people out fishing today, nobody I spoke with had any action.

T
TimberTodd
I fished 2 stretches between mp 16 & 17 with no success.