Want to get into Fishing.

C
ColoradoTroutMan
Currently I'm a bank fisherman and I frequent Hagg a lot (I live in Sherwood). Drop me a pm when you might be interested in going and maybe we can meet up and I can help you out.

C
colt
wozniasm said:
What you have there is a basic bank set up for a spinning setup.

I don't know why I didn't bring up sinkers and swivels. Thanks for covering me on that! :)

C
colt
troutdude said:
Great idea Woz. But, it would be at least 2.5 hours from Hillsboro to Olalla Reservoir (one way).

COLT: there are other Free Fishing events closer to you.

I was just looking at that the other day on another thread you posted. Sadly, I work night shift and have to sleep during the free fishing day. However, I will be able to take the family out right after they restock the lake with 1000 keepers, so hopefully the kids catch fish. They have been getting bummed when I catch the only fish in 2 hours but enjoy the time out there nonetheless.

As for Woz, I understand the dilemma one might have. I don't have too much of a problem with people coming near me to fish. They have the balls to do so. I have a problem with trying to squeeze in and get a spot going. I usually try to stay at least 20 yards away just so I can move up and down a little bit, especially when I am using a spinner and so the kids have room to practice their aim with casting and not crossing each other every other cast haha. Part of the reason that I don't wish to get too close to others is because others have gotten quite close to me and they can't catch fish like I can. Not sure if it's the way I have my rigging set up or how I am in the mindset to catch fish and not just be out of the house. I go nuts for every little twitch or bump. Either way, my wife has commented that she can hear the others discussing about how I keep catching fish and they haven't "gotten a bite". I am always applauding (silently) everyone else catching fish, because I feel at least someone here is catching something so we know they are there and someone is actually going to have a better time after having a fish on.

PDX, If you are working, you might ask around with some co-workers and see if any of them fish. Heck, even asking a friend if they want to get in on the action with you is a good idea. I say this because I have a few friends I fish with, and it makes the fishing experience so much better because you have someone you can chat with, catch up on things, and keep company while you're waiting to hook a fish. Heck you can make fun of them losing a fish and have a good time. I recently went fishing with a friend and his girlfriend, and I caught a fish. He wasn't looking and I swung my fish around while on line and hook and attempted to swing it in front of him and instead "Fish-slapped" him. We had a heck of a laugh for quite some time on that one.

There may be times even that you might want to go alone just to think and spend time with yourself and your thoughts. I do that from time to time. Just go out and have a good time :)