Siltcoos Lake fishing reports

B
billfisher
Sounds good! I live in Sweet Home now so its not a Quick trip for me. But I love that lake and Tahkenitch.

Last edited:
M
mikeredding
Well she was a brutally painful broad today. Marked tons of fish and lots of fish rolling but fished for 10 hours and went 1-2. Saw only 3 others caught. Felt pretty fortunate with this 29" chrome hen.

Last edited by a moderator:
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
mikeredding said:
Well she was a brutally painful broad today. Marked tons of fish and lots of fish rolling but fished for 10 hours and went 1-2. Saw only 3 others caught. Felt pretty fortunate with this 29" chrome hen.

beauty. I would expect that plug pattern to work today with the mixed/cloudy light conditions.

E
eugene1
Good fish, Mike!

Congrats,

mikeredding said:

G
getsdwyz
mikeredding said:

Way to go good-looking fish

G
getsdwyz
Yeah hopefully they open the dam back up this week going to be on the lake having a four-day weekend this week

M
mikeredding
Thanks everyone.
We are going to fish it again tomorrow. Hopefully it will be better than today

B
billfisher
Oh, she's a pretty one!

M
mikeredding
Great da today. Only place to stay out of the wind was Fiddle Cr and the fish were active
Ended up with 2 jacks and a 29" chrome hen.
All on the same plug from yesterday.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
nice. wish I could get out on Wed. for the break in the weather but busy packing up for 2 weeks in AZ...

M
mikeredding
We both have one spot each and are going to do a half day tomorrow and see if we can finish it off.

E
eugene1
Chromers Mike!

G
getsdwyz
mikeredding said:
Great da today. Only place to stay out of the wind was Fiddle Cr and the fish were active
Ended up with 2 jacks and a 29" chrome hen.
All on the same plug from yesterday.

Way to go good-looking fish

K
kwikfisher
So you troll that plug right? And is there any added weight, or flasher/Dodger?

E
eugene1
kwikfisher said:
So you troll that plug right? And is there any added weight, or flasher/Dodger?

We never used any added weights or flashers. Just mainline to a swivel to a leader, snap, then plug. Fishing there is ridiculously easy except for the weeds and the skunks.

Good luck,

M
mikeredding
Finished our season with a quick 2 fish limit by 9:30 today in the Fiddle Cr. Arm.
Only 4 other boats.
Had 4 other hits that didn't stick and 2 other hookups that somehow self released themselves.
All in all the fishing was hot.
Brought home this chrome 31" buck and a little darker 27" buck.
All on the same plug.
Took a drive to Maple Cr after and it was a zoo up there. Counted 27 boats inside the buoys.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
mikeredding said:
Finished our season with a quick 2 fish limit by 9:30 today in the Fiddle Cr. Arm.
Only 4 other boats.
Had 4 other hits that didn't stick and 2 other hookups that somehow self released themselves.
All in all the fishing was hot.
Brought home this chrome 31" buck and a little darker 27" buck.
All on the same plug.
Took a drive to Maple Cr after and it was a zoo up there. Counted 27 boats inside the buoys.

sweet. that is what I was expecting this week, sounds like the dam probably opened on Tuesday, lake filled up, Fish On! Just like Eugene1 said "Fishing there is ridiculously easy"...LOL

K
kwikfisher
I picked up a couple more "Wigglers", and doing a maiden Siltcoos fish manana!

K
kwikfisher
Hey Mike,
Or you using regular Wigglers/Warts or Magnums?
Thanks Kwikfisher

M
mikeredding
kwikfisher said:
Hey Mike,
Or you using regular Wigglers/Warts or Magnums?
Thanks Kwikfisher
Standard size Brads Wiggler trolled 50' behind the boat at 2mph on the GPS.
If you are marking fish and don't get a hit in 2 or 3 passes change colors and do it again.