mikeredding
cddunn said:
Trout today, no Coho encountered.
Did you see any boated?

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
rainORsnow1 said:
Good to know. Thanks. If I tag one each day I'm there I'll be more then happy

best is to catch your Jack first, then to tag your adult second. that is the order required if you are going to get both in one day. :D:D:D

C
cddunn
mikeredding said:
Did you see any boated?

Nope, just trout. Maple arm.

R
rainORsnow1
Sounds good to me! :pray::pray::pray::pray:

J
jack_king
Managed to pick up a nice hen in the river this morning!

Last edited:
R
rainORsnow1
Okay. So this thread has really started to slow...... I'm hoping its not because the fishing is the same. I am scheduled to be there this time next week and have yet to catch a coho.( the run up here in the metro area hasnt been all that great)So because my trip is so close I have to get to the nitty gritty.

Has the fishing in the lake slowed down, will it pick up with an incoming rain or is this normal and should plan for the best?
Where are the prime areas to target? Colors of spinners and plugs that have been working? You guys have been so good about solid reports and thanks to all of you. Im sure all of the anglers reading this agree

L
LilCorky
With the river quotas not met yet and the pressure off the lake (effort)I would say there will be no miracle hoards of Coho coming into the lake. The numbers are just not there. People are giving me reports of very few rolling fish also. Mother Nature has programmed these fish so why would they be late this year? There were no major disasters. We got enough rain and flow out the Dam to move them. So with all things considered. Not many fish and what are here aren't biting. The ODFW might be able to answer your questions better. Give them a call!

S
steelhead_stalkers
We hooked two yesterday. Did not talk to another boat that had hooked any. Was very slow even though the fish were rolling a lot!

J
jack_king
I have not been back since Tuesday b/c I had back surgery Wed and will be out of commission for a couple weeks.

I think there are a couple of things affecting the run on the Siltcoos this year. First, like everywhere else, I don't think the numbers are that strong. Second, since the dam opened the second week of October, it's never closed. On a "normal year" this would not be the case. Therefore, with the dam continually open, fish have not been stacking up and coming in huge schools, but rather just hitting the mouth and wondering straight up into the lake.

C
CoastieFlo
jack_king said:
I think there are a couple of things affecting the run on the Siltcoos this year. First, like everywhere else, I don't think the numbers are that strong. Second, since the dam opened the second week of October, it's never closed. On a "normal year" this would not be the case. Therefore, with the dam continually open, fish have not been stacking up and coming in huge schools, but rather just hitting the mouth and wondering straight up into the lake.

This is true, normally we get some rain and the dam is opened then closed and etc....

R
rainORsnow1
So this is a bit off topic, but anybody know anything about lake sturgeon in the lake? Ran across something..... anybody know if that's acuarate and can I target them? And please keep the coho reports coming. I'm gonna be there tonight for three days. Hard to get through the work day thinking Bout it....

1 nut in the water
Rain= Spent last weekend camping at the Ada resort and fishing for trout- The owner of the resort is a real nice guy and did have some pics of sturgeon out of the lake and was full of information- if you are near there go have a chat with him.

fish on......................

R
rainORsnow1
How did u do? U see many hos boated? If the coho aren't there I'm gonna need options

1 nut in the water
I fished for about 4 hours each day and the only thing I saw boated was 1 dink trout. There was usually about a dozen boats in sight but from what I was seeing the catch looked very poor. I was the only nut out there on my 'toon amongest the big boats. I tossed everything out there in pursuit of trout and managed 4 dinks and 1 decent 15" which became dinner.....

R
rippin fish lips
rainORsnow1 said:
How did u do? U see many hos boated? If the coho aren't there I'm gonna need options

Gl if you go.... Most the hoes have past through the lake already. Poor run this year. If u mark a fish you might as well try to catch it before moving and tryin to find anothr fish.