Siltcoos Lake coho reports?

R
rainORsnow1
Wondering if anybody has any reports. Just heard about this fishery and am excited to learn more about it. So talk my ear off. I don't mind. Thinking about heading down there November. As that seems to be the peak. Thanks all!

M
mikeredding
No reports yet. The fish will just be starting to filter in with the recent rains. First two weeks of November are definitely the peak of the fishery.

Most people troll or cast plugs and spinners.

hobster
hobster
A buddy will be there this weekend so i may have a report next week. I'm anxious myself, want to get my first Ho!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
we are planning to check it for fish this weekend if the weather gives us an opening, Sunday looks decent, will update on what we find...roger

M
mikeredding
I will be there Saturday.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
mikeredding said:
I will be there Saturday.

great, look forward to your report, please leave a few fish for the rest of us.:D

T
Throbbit _Shane
On Siltcoos Lake Resorts facebook page they posted a picture this morning of a nice chromer caught at 8:05am today :D :D

can't wait to try out this fishery!

J
jack_king
There have been a few fish showing up with the tides each day since the dam opened (Wed), but it's S-L-O-W. Definitely a late start this year.

M
mikeredding
We picked up our 2 by noon today casting spinners.
Met Rogerdodger and it sounds like he may have had some action too.

Last edited by a moderator:
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
mikeredding said:
We picked up our 2 by noon today casting spinners.
Met Rogerdodger and it sounds like he may have had some action too.

we got out a little late but picked up a Jack near the marina/resort trolling a pink bell spinner. some big fish had moved into the lake about 11am but we couldn't get them to hit anything, Mike's report from FC was good so we headed there and tossed spinners for a couple of hours but no takers, a few other boats also casting but no action for any of them either, we did see a few fish roll up there...Siltcoos is definitely heating up...

J
JeannaJigs
Great fish mike. Knew they were in :( this will be the first year since 2003 that I won't get to fish it. Normally fill my tag. Oh well. Next year things will be different.

M
mikeredding
JeannaJigs said:
Great fish mike. Knew they were in :( this will be the first year since 2003 that I won't get to fish it. Normally fill my tag. Oh well. Next year things will be different.

Thanks JJ. Bummer on not being able to fish it this year but I know you will be pursuing other waters!

E
eugene1
That's awesome Mike! We tried it Friday morning and got skunked, didn't see a fish roll or caught all morning in the river or Maple arm

M
marko
Casting show

Casting show

rogerdodger said:
we got out a little late but picked up a Jack near the marina/resort trolling a pink bell spinner. some big fish had moved into the lake about 11am but we couldn't get them to hit anything, Mike's report from FC was good so we headed there and tossed spinners for a couple of hours but no takers, a few other boats also casting but no action for any of them either, we did see a few fish roll up there...Siltcoos is definitely heating up...

Fished the marina for an hour sat am---nothing--------fished FC trolling 3 hrs--nothing.. Went back today am FC four of us caught 3 nice silvers and one trout ---done by 10:30 . In addition I knocked off my friend's daughter's silver with the net---very bad feeling and I friends can be a bit brutal at times like these---but she caught the next fish thank god! definitely a casting show . Marko

M
mikeredding
marko said:
Fished the marina for an hour sat am---nothing--------fished FC trolling 3 hrs--nothing.. Went back today am FC four of us caught 3 nice silvers and one trout ---done by 10:30 . In addition I knocked off my friend's daughter's silver with the net---very bad feeling and I friends can be a bit brutal at times like these---but she caught the next fish thank god! definitely a casting show . Marko
I probably saw you out there. What boat were you in?

M
mikeredding
4 more Coho spots for the 4 day trip.

4 more Coho spots for the 4 day trip.

My wife and I each have 4 wild coho spots left on our tags. What are the odds we can each get those 4 spots filled while there on our 4 day trip this weekend?
So far it has been a good run so I sure hope they don't get lock jaw now!

R
rainORsnow1
Any of u guys using weight with ur warts? If so how much and what color? Any body trolling spoons or spinners too? Thanks for all the reports! I'm getting amped. I'm gonna be the 11-16 through the 18th.

M
mikeredding
rainORsnow1 said:
Any of u guys using weight with ur warts? If so how much and what color? Any body trolling spoons or spinners too? Thanks for all the reports! I'm getting amped. I'm gonna be the 11-16 through the 18th.

No need for any weight. Just cast or troll your plugs or spinners.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
mikeredding said:
My wife and I each have 4 wild coho spots left on our tags. What are the odds we can each get those 4 spots filled while there on our 4 day trip this weekend?
So far it has been a good run so I sure hope they don't get lock jaw now!

each of you getting one each day, that would be excellent and I think you can do it, or at least get close. we have been getting lots of rain, off and on solid rain here in Florence, I think Siltcoos is going to have lots of fish for the near future, trick will be to find what they want and hit the right time of day.

I have 3 wild coho slots left and a chance to get out, at least briefly, the next 4 days, but my wife's tag is blank so getting some ink on it is a higher priority than topping mine off....can't wait to hit Siltcoos next year in a Kayak, that has got to be a blast for casting around the shore areas....big coho hanging out near shore, love that.

M
marko
Mike---you will definitely fill you and your wife's tags this weekend.

Mike---you will definitely fill you and your wife's tags this weekend.

rogerdodger said:
each of you getting one each day, that would be excellent and I think you can do it, or at least get close. we have been getting lots of rain, off and on solid rain here in Florence, I think Siltcoos is going to have lots of fish for the near future, trick will be to find what they want and hit the right time of day.

I have 3 wild coho slots left and a chance to get out, at least briefly, the next 4 days, but my wife's tag is blank so getting some ink on it is a higher priority than topping mine off....can't wait to hit Siltcoos next year in a Kayak, that has got to be a blast for casting around the shore areas....big coho hanging out near shore, love that.

Not a problem----see you there all four days! I am counting on filling my tag!-----if not I will watch the coots truing to get off the water, the eagle , the seal, the comourants and everyone else catching fish!