Siltcoos Lake coho reports?

M
mikeredding
rogerdodger said:
each of you getting one each day, that would be excellent and I think you can do it, or at least get close. we have been getting lots of rain, off and on solid rain here in Florence, I think Siltcoos is going to have lots of fish for the near future, trick will be to find what they want and hit the right time of day.

I have 3 wild coho slots left and a chance to get out, at least briefly, the next 4 days, but my wife's tag is blank so getting some ink on it is a higher priority than topping mine off....can't wait to hit Siltcoos next year in a Kayak, that has got to be a blast for casting around the shore areas....big coho hanging out near shore, love that.
Day one..................
Caught one 26" buck

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
mikeredding said:
Day one..................
Caught one 26" buck

excellent, bit of a blustery day, I am guessing the lake was choppy...

M
marko
nada/zip o /nothing/ nyet

nada/zip o /nothing/ nyet

rogerdodger said:
excellent, bit of a blustery day, I am guessing the lake was choppy...

I think I saw you catch the fish Mike Were you trolling near maple creek but heading towards fiddlers? Other than several trout---you had the only fish I saw boated. Congrats! I will be fishing tomarrow also, but if nothing hooks up--then I am going to give it a rest and come back next week end. I could not believe how much lower the water is! You would think that would bring a lot of fish in the system if they are letting that much water out.

M
mikeredding
marko said:
I think I saw you catch the fish Mike Were you trolling near maple creek but heading towards fiddlers? Other than several trout---you had the only fish I saw boated. Congrats!
Yes I was.

Day two............
One 21" buck

M
mikeredding
Day 3................
One 27" hen and one 28" buck.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
mikeredding said:
Day 3................
One 27" hen and one 28" buck.

woo hoo, that feels good...:clap:

G
gregaplummer
Hi,
A Buddy went to Siltcoos Lake on 10-27-12..... He got a chrome ten pounder and then it got nasty out there. Big waves and lots of wind. Otherwise he would have tried for more. Just throwing a report out there....

GP

M
mikeredding
gregaplummer said:
then it got nasty out there. Big waves and lots of wind.
Yep very nasty this weekend. We fished through it every day and it payed off.

Day 4..........
One 31" hen

Grand total for 4 days.............
5 fish in the boat and lost one other.

J
jack_king
I was able to pick up an 11 lb hen in the river yesterday afternoon (3 tagged so far) but it's still REAL slow. They just aren't showing up in the numbers you'd expect for this time of year. Hopefully the coming rains this week will bring 'em in!

E
eugene1
Nice catches, Mike!! I decided to go to Tillamook bay for the weekend. Managed one bright nook. Pretty slow up there.

Best,

mikeredding said:
Yep very nasty this weekend. We fished through it every day and it payed off.

Day 4..........
One 31" hen

Grand total for 4 days.............
5 fish in the boat and lost one other.

hobster
hobster
jack_king said:
I was able to pick up an 11 lb hen in the river yesterday afternoon (3 tagged so far) but it's still REAL slow. They just aren't showing up in the numbers you'd expect for this time of year. Hopefully the coming rains this week will bring 'em in!

Thanks for the report. The only place i've fished there is the river (from the bank) and i was hoping to get up there later this week. Maybe i'll hold off till next week.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
anybody trying black spinners?

J
jack_king
rogerdodger said:
anybody trying black spinners?
I've hooked 8 fish this year and all but one were hooked on the same yellow #5 Blue Fox with an orange stripe on the body. I lost it yesterday on a snag, so I think I'll be picking up another. Last year I caught the majority on the same Blue Fox, only it was solid red.

R
rainORsnow1
Anybody know if u can fish one rod for trout and one for silvers if I have my two rod endorsement?

J
jack_king
rainORsnow1 said:
Anybody know if u can fish one rod for trout and one for silvers if I have my two rod endorsement?
Check the synopsis, but I'm almost positive I read last year that two rods are prohibited on Siltcoos.

E
eugene1
rainORsnow1 said:

You can't

C
CoastieFlo
jack_king said:
I've hooked 8 fish this year and all but one were hooked on the same yellow #5 Blue Fox with an orange stripe on the body. I lost it yesterday on a snag, so I think I'll be picking up another. Last year I caught the majority on the same Blue Fox, only it was solid red.

Thats interesting, I caught one on a homemade spinner with same color...the "fire tiger" scheme I think its called.

M
mikeredding
And you cannot continue to fish for any species after tagging an adult coho.

R
rainORsnow1
Good to know. Thanks. If I tag one each day I'm there I'll be more then happy

C
cddunn
Trout today, no Coho encountered.