Siltcoos and Tahkenitch

J
JeannaJigs
billfish said:
shaaaa like your new drift boat .to get ready for steelhead ??????

Lol well that too! winter steelhead are a month away. Less than that even...but I have some family stuff goin' on that needs my attention for the next few months. Which is going to limit steelhead trips too.

B
billfish
JeannaJigs said:
Lol well that too! winter steelhead are a month away. Less than that even...but I have some family stuff goin' on that needs my attention for the next few months. Which is going to limit steelhead trips too.

baaa humbug ...go fishin

J
JeannaJigs
I would love to, trust me lol. But I can't :( I will probably be limited to two days a month on a weekend.

N
nwdunerider
Fished Tahkenitch today. Got the skunk off with a Bass! My cousin showed up about 8 am 3rd cast and a 30 inch buck! I hate him!!!! so we headed back to the point and my fishin budy ( his brother ) caught a Bass then the lucky cousin came over and caught a nice big hen I knew I had the wrong brother in my boat! about 15 min later the one I was fishin with caught a 29 inch hen. That was it for the day we wanted to get back for the Duck game so we left the Lucky bass(turd) on the lake and were home by 1 pm All and all a good day. Saw 2 other fish caught That makes 5 I know of. Might try again tomorrow ! :) Tight Lines John

T
Thuggin4Life
nwdunerider said:
Fished Tahkenitch today. My cousin showed up about 8 am 3rd cast and a 30 inch buck! ...then the lucky cousin came over and caught a nice big hen

Just to let you know you are only allowed one a day. Once you get an adult you can't keep fishing for another adult or even a jack. Good job out there though. Where at in the lake did you guys get into them at?

N
nwdunerider
fished 5 mile arm main lake on the right side before it starts to narrow casting spinners toward the shore irodesent pink hoochie with a silver blade worked best (home made) third fish on a #4 blue fox yellow and black dot on a silver blade with a blue bell. good luck

T
Thuggin4Life
billfish said:
went to siltcoos today lots of fish rolling dam was open caugt a nice buck. should be some more on the way ...

Nice fish man. And I will be out sunday so anyone out there be sure to say hi.

N
nwdunerider
go ducks !!!!

N
nwdunerider
Best game of the year Inspired me to go fishin at tahkenitch tomorrow I will be in an Alumaweld Stryker with a bow mounted trolling motor I will look for you Andy see ya there John

T
Thuggin4Life
nwdunerider said:
Best game of the year Inspired me to go fishin at tahkenitch tomorrow I will be in an Alumaweld Stryker with a bow mounted trolling motor I will look for you Andy see ya there John

Not sure if I will be at tak or sily I'll be in a 12' aluminum valco with a black 9.9 merc and jeanna in the front seat. both of us will be in full camo. I think windburt will be out in his 14' jon boat "crappie jon" probably wearing ful camo.

M
mikeredding
Thuggin4Life said:
both of us will be in full camo.
He won't be able to see you guys. It will just look like an empty boat motoring around. :lol:

N
nwdunerider
Fished tac today only 3 boats on the water No salmon ( A Nice one followed my lure in. backed of when it saw my boat ) but I caught a 17 inch bass headed home about 10:30 when the weather came in. I guess it followed me home its pretty rough here now!

T
Thuggin4Life
Fished all over Siltcoos and didn't see much going on. Tried Tak for a few hours in the afternoon and didn't see much either. Had a good time out in the wind and the rain though.

J
JeannaJigs
Yep fished both, and both were pretty dead. didn't see anything on the surface...didn't really see much on the depth finder either. I don't feel bad now about it being my last trip over...I have other things at home to attend to, and a boat to fix up before winter steelhead...which...are now in lol. The water temp is in the upper 40's on each lake...in my experiences, this has not been a good thing, seems to induce lockjaw, even when you're sittin' on top of clouds of fish...and the fish aren't really schooled up, but scattered here and there. This is the first year since they allowed retention that I haven't filled my tag...kinda bummed, had high hopes for the run this year, but it ended up being a very bizarre year. I have a feeling there will be a big push of fish in the next few weeks, but I won't be out there. Good luck to whomever fishes it from here on out.

S
steelhead_stalkers
Thought I would post this here. Sounds like the new state record coho was caught out of siltcoos as I suspected it would this year!! It was over 26lbs, unfortunately the guy did not get it officially weighed but took the weight himself and measurements. I am sure a picture will surface soon. Pretty cool though!!

T
Thuggin4Life
OK so for sure you had to tag jacks the first couple years they reopened silt and tak for wild coho. Just read the new reg book and they decided to clarify on some rules this year so the following was written in blue..."• Bag limit is one non fin-clipped adult coho salmon and one non fin-clipped jack coho
salmon per day and 5 total non fin-clipped adult coho salmon per year in aggregate with other NW and SW Zone waterbodies"... so you no longer have to tag jacks(unsure as to when that rule went into affect but for sure no matter what you are only allowed 5 a year from anywhere. YOU can't GET 5 FROM SILT THEN GET 5 FROM TAK. So please everyone try not to fish in front of the fish ladder or think you can get 10 wild coho a year or even. Get an adult but keep fishing because your 5 year old is out with you even though your doing all the fishing. No names will be mentioned n=but you know who you are.

C
Chrome_Chaser
They changed the regulation for next year from 5 coho from Siltcoos and 5 for Tahkenitch to 5 Total from both lakes. that's the only difference for both of those lakes.

T
Thuggin4Life
Actually it has always been 5 wild coho on your tag no matter where they were caught. The added this statement to clarify the rules for people who are missinformed....5 total non fin-clipped adult coho salmon per year in aggregate with other NW and SW Zone waterbodies... and tak and silt are both in the NW zone. This year they opened up several coastal rivers to 5 wild coho a year but it still ment 5 a year period not 5 from everywhere you can keep 5. I even asked the sheriff on siltcoos after people tried to say it was 5 from silt and then 5 more from tak and the sheriff said go ahead and do it but i doubt you will want to pay the fine. Basically the rule is saying that you are allowed 5 wild coho a year total coming from any body of water in the NW and SW zones added up together to make 5. which was the rule to beggin with its just there to make it easier for people to understand. An with the text showing up I would imagine there will be the opportunity to get wild coho from many of the coastal rivers again next year.

Last edited: