Polebender Invitational

F
Finneus Polebender
colbypearson said:
i was gonna get a trophy made today LOL too bad im broke, i like a challenge hopefully the weather is nice and the fishing is decent.

Those" autographed lol " spare swimbaits will do fine , have the trip to TRs , a 20$ gift certificate and the custom rod fit for a pro so 4 prizes to kick down , thinkin rod for the top weight on 3 fish , swimbaits for largest fish , certificate for the most total fish , and last but far from least the trip to TRs for the smallest fish . must be a bass to count . Anyone second that ,or have any other ideas?

L
lilsalmon
Finneus Polebender said:
Dont worry Rose will have a spinning rod rigged up with somethin a bass will want for ya for when ya get tired of throwin sunflower seeds at em and are ready to give them a real meal.

Sunflower seeds? I may be coming with an arsenal...might be surprised and I may "make the boys cry" hehe.......Jk I will use your spinning rod if the situation gets sketchy

L
lilsalmon
Finneus Polebender said:
Those" autographed lol " spare swimbaits will do fine , have the trip to TRs , a 20$ gift certificate and the custom rod fit for a pro so 4 prizes to kick down , thinkin rod for the top weight on 3 fish , swimbaits for largest fish , certificate for the most total fish , and last but far from least the trip to TRs for the smallest fish . must be a bass to count . Anyone second that ,or have any other ideas?

sounds good to me

C
colbypearson
Finneus Polebender said:

ok sounds cool i will try to think of something cool to put up, im not sure what right now but somethin

brandon4455
brandon4455
i agree. sounds great

R
ryan808
The prize in progress

• IMAG0259 Resized.jpg
C
colbypearson
Super minimalist, i like!

T
tomriker
lilsalmon said:
shhhhhh.....don't say carp here.....thanks for the info cp and tt....i will hit mitch up at two rivers fly shop here and see what he has....i wrote everything down so i don't have to stress on remembering...

carp carp carpitty carp carp carp

R
ryan808
I got inspired with the build and decided to build an ultra light for the weekend coming up. I'm hoping to put it to the test this weekend and land a fatty on it. I threw on the new fuji seats with no grip, I think Im going to build all my spinners this way. The new seat fits right in my hand, no grip needed.

T
tomriker
Mr Fancy pants building new rods whenever you please for each outting

R
ryan808
colbypearson said:
Super minimalist, i like!

I was even debating to put the hook keeper on :lol:

R
ryan808
tomriker said:
Mr Fancy pants building new rods whenever you please for each outting

You too can have that option :D

T
tomriker
sure thing ryan :D
and FP i forgot that not everywhere catches multiple fish every outing and that people might actually get skunked:lol:

will we get to 40 pages?!

B
bernduffy
As we approach the FPI, can you tell us what the water clarity looks like? Also, are there crawdads or baitfish present? What colors are they? Any other dietary info? I'm going to beef up my arsenal and want to get appropriate lures.
Looks like it will still be cold water fishing. No problem, I'm looking forward to learning from the masters.
I'll try and bring a pound of Starbucks coffee for a prize. (My wife gets it for free)
See you there!
Bernie

N
Noahk
Nice work Ryan! Those look pretty sweet!

brandon4455
brandon4455
should i bring a measuring tape for smallest fish? (just incase i get a small one) and how will we weigh best 3 fish/biggest if we don't all have scales?

Last edited:
J
JeannaJigs
So wickiup is out. Is it too late for a late entry to tag along with rose? I don't have a clue, so we're good pair. Just tell me what kinda stuff I need. Lol

T
Throbbit _Shane
I can show you what works for me. Its real simple. Just a hook and a rubber worm. Some times weight. It wont always be a big bass biting. But you'll get big ones every now and then.

T
tomriker
how did tonight go FP?

T
TTFishon
tomriker said:
how did tonight go FP?

I can tell you this....the pond has nice smallies, or at least one anyway. lol