Polebender Invitational

F
Finneus Polebender
Well just checked again still the same predictions for weather except the High temp is only 57 now , It is a ways out yet so there is time for change to a warmer forecast.

T
tomriker
i've gone to the store every day this week and bought more fishing stuff! it's pretty rediculous... but im just stockin up for the summer!

N
Noahk
Finneus Polebender said:
Soda will be great ,it will be byob for that very reason , and just to warn the younger attendees I am not a hard*** but there is an incredible amount of liability involved with this event so I can not have any of ya drinkin . As far as the cost of this party it has been distributed between my employer and I with much help on the prize front from Ryan 808, Tomriker , and Colby P. What I would like only from those who can afford it will be cash donations, to help a fellow OFF member honor her Grandmother ,and mother by participating in the Susan Kowman breast cancer 3 day walk for the cure this Sept in Seattle Wa think you all know her Jeanna Jigs, a box will be provided to collect them at the event. My reward is to get to meet a bunch of new folks, and fish again with those I have already met who share the same passion for angling as me. You will notice that with a few family exceptions all the attendees will be active forum members , this is my way of saying thanks for participating in the best fishing forum in the northwest ,and by participating people will enjoy oppertunities that well non members will miss out on. Would also like to add that this years turnout looks to be at capacity with only 1 person yet to confirm , and that those attending this years event will have a reserved slot for next years if they wish . Thanks for the overwhelming interest last check on the weather report says we are in for at least a dry day 62 deg partly cloudy lets hope the fish cooperate should be a fun get together.
Sounds great. Done and done.

brandon4455
brandon4455
noah, ill send you my adress late next week. my momw ill come out front to meet you really fast before we take off. i wouldn't call them protective they just like to meet who im going with :)

T
tomriker
is jenna coming down for the tourny?

T
TTFishon
tomriker said:
is jenna coming down for the tourny?

No, she will be at Wickiup.

F
Finneus Polebender
TTFishon said:
No, she will be at Wickiup.

Yup she is gonna brave the snow, she was here today to meet her new pup she held it for an hour or so why she visited ,very nice to meet her and we know that pup will have a great home. Brandon you just have good parents ,and will msg ya with my number so if they wish to they can check in any time , or talk to us too.

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
i will agree i have good parents. they don't let me get out of control.. but they understand the "he's a teenager we were that way when we were his age" and all that. thanks for the phone number. dad might call you sometime tomorrow he just got home and i imagine he is exhausted.

T
tomriker
you parents want to call ol uncle FP to make sure he's not a creaper? lol. when he first came out fishing with me my wife was like... "you met some guy on the internet are going fishing with him?!" but now she's like meh w/e

J
JeannaJigs
Thank you guys for the support! I don't know the first thing abOut bass fishing but I'd Be going if I had seen this before I got suckered into fishing and camping in antarctica. sounds like it's gonna be a blast. Everyone should stop in and give my puppy love, she's the cutest thing alive lol. Was nice meeting ya FP and Mrs FP, I'll be seeing more of ya soon!

T
TTFishon
JeannaJigs said:
Thank you guys for the support! I don't know the first thing abOut bass fishing but I'd Be going if I had seen this before I got suckered into fishing and camping in antarctica. sounds like it's gonna be a blast. Everyone should stop in and give my puppy love, she's the cutest thing alive lol. Was nice meeting ya FP and Mrs FP, I'll be seeing more of ya soon!

You'd think with your A.D.D. you'd like bass fishing. lol

J
JeannaJigs
Maybe?! I dunno. Never tried it! Probably would. I don't enjoy sitting still waiting for something to bite, so I probably would like it. I just completely lack all gear and knowledge in the bass department. I have a ton of steelhead rods...so a new addiction could be bad...

T
TTFishon
JeannaJigs said:
Maybe?! I dunno. Never tried it! Probably would. I don't enjoy sitting still waiting for something to bite, so I probably would like it. I just completely lack all gear and knowledge in the bass department. I have a ton of steelhead rods...so a new addiction could be bad...

What? You don't want to have twice as much fishing gear and always be torn between steelhead or bass fishing. lol

J
JeannaJigs
Since I've invested in the drift boat...I think steelhead is gonna win lol. That said, the money I spend on gear already, is obscene. Lol can't imagine adding bass gear to the lineup. I still want to give bass fishing a go, just fearful of another addiction is all. Steelhead consumes lol

F
Finneus Polebender
JeannaJigs said:
Since I've invested in the drift boat...I think steelhead is gonna win lol. That said, the money I spend on gear already, is obscene. Lol can't imagine adding bass gear to the lineup. I still want to give bass fishing a go, just fearful of another addiction is all. Steelhead consumes lol

Pretty sure a good day of topwater would do the trick mwahaha . Topwater seems a bit out of reach just checked the forecast thet are now callin for a possibility of some rain on sat . Still a few days between hopefully it will change for the better ,will be prepared either way.

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
Finneus Polebender said:
Pretty sure a good day of topwater would do the trick mwahaha . Topwater seems a bit out of reach just checked the forecast thet are now callin for a possibility of some rain on sat . Still a few days between hopefully it will change for the better ,will be prepared either way.

i knew it would change. it was too good to be true. but i hope it changes. if not oh well. i'm a river fishermen ive fished while it was dumping rain and i had a hole in my jacket. and ive fished in 12 degree and less weather. won't bother me much :lol:

T
tomriker
That's because you're young Brandon and you don't know anybetter :)

brandon4455
brandon4455
bahahaha. no, it just means i'm tough and i fish in any weather :lol: i even wade into the river in my pants when it's only 47 degrees outside. LOL

F
Finneus Polebender
Well we will need to get the catagories set and determine which one will determine the champ / grand prize winner the custom rod , gettin late so will do it tomorrow , between now and then better cast your votes gonna try and go with majority rules , am pretty sure though the smallest fish will be the trip to basstopia it is just too fitting for the catagory. Time to let your voices be heard contestants as of now we can look for up to 4 different ones to attach prizes too .

T
Throbbit _Shane
Biggest fish has to be one. Maybe most fish? Biggest 5 fish? Biggest non bass caught on a bass lure? just some ideas :D