Necanicum Fishing

P
professorpaddle
Thanks for the responses. I ran the river yesterday with my IK. The log jam was certainly not something getting cleared out anytime soon, looks like it will only get bigger. Had a nice day floating between two boats. I have fished the upper river so this was fun to explore. I found the middle portion to be most enjoyable with one supper awesome swing just after all the logs and before the final stretch. Managed 1 winter, 1 summer and a silver. Silver was still bright. All the other DBs were sticking with divers and plugs all caught fish. Saw a lot of Nymphing, bobbernjig and eggs too.

Gonna head down to the Wilson later this week. Anyone have a suggestion on shuttle companies to use down there?

B
bagold53
professorpaddle said:
Thanks for the responses. I ran the river yesterday with my IK. The log jam was certainly not something getting cleared out anytime soon, looks like it will only get bigger. Had a nice day floating between two boats. I have fished the upper river so this was fun to explore. I found the middle portion to be most enjoyable with one supper awesome swing just after all the logs and before the final stretch. Managed 1 winter, 1 summer and a silver. Silver was still bright. All the other DBs were sticking with divers and plugs all caught fish. Saw a lot of Nymphing, bobbernjig and eggs too.

Gonna head down to the Wilson later this week. Anyone have a suggestion on shuttle companies to use down there?

Jims shuttle service is what I have used the last two times I have needed a shuttle.

S
SmallStreams
professorpaddle said:
Silver was still bright.

I'm not surprised you hooked a bright silver in the mid/lower section! At our (very upstream) place, we're still seeing coho and chinook arrivals, though they're always pretty rough looking by the time they get up there. The salmon arrivals are finally tapering off. While there this weekend, I hooked & lost something shiny, too, but couldn't tell if it was a modest steelhead or very large cutthroat.