Hike in fly fishing streams?

M
Montana
Does anyone know of any good hike in fly fishing streams within a few hours of Portland? I am looking to spend a couple days backpacking to fishing spots over memorial day weekend and would love to start planning. Let me know of any ideas!

Whoops, posted this in the wrong spot, feel free to move!

Last edited:
S
Spydeyrch
Do you want west of Portland? East of portland? Or south of Portland? A lot of trout streams don't open up for fishing until the end of May, so just a smidge after memorial day. :think:

-Andrew

M
Montana
Spydeyrch said:
Do you want west of Portland? East of portland? Or south of Portland? A lot of trout streams don't open up for fishing until the end of May, so just a smidge after memorial day. :think:

-Andrew

I am open to anywhere fairly near by, just want to camp and fish for a couple days!

S
Spydeyrch
Montana said:
I am open to anywhere fairly near by, just want to camp and fish for a couple days!

Trout? Steelhead? Other fish?

-Spydey

M
Montana
Preferably trout.

S
Spydeyrch
So, the majority of streams around the Portland area are going to be closed to trout right now. Once you get down closer to Eugene to the south, and over the Cascades to the east, then you can find streams open right now for trout.

There are a few streams open out toward Astoria for catch and release trout fishing but they might be difficult to get to due to private land owners, etc.

At the end of April, there are a few streams that open for trout fishing and then the rest open at the end of May.

What I usually do is just scour the reg book in a certain zone/area and see what I can find. If you woudl like more info, feel free to shoot me a PM and I will see what I can share. :D

-Spydey