Good trout fishing

E
engineerfisherman
I need to take the girlfriend somewhere she will catch some fish. I've taken her to a few different places now and she never gets anything so naturally she's getting pretty discouraged. Seeing as how the rivers are all pretty high and thats mostly where i like to fish are there any other places that anyone has had good luck recently.

L
Lowell Life Fisherman
go on google and look up the local trout stocking schedule and it will tell you everywhere the fish and game has planted and that should lead yall to the best fishing.

Troutski
Troutski
You could try where the Willy enters Hills Creek res, the flow shouldn't be all that high and the likely hood of catching some fish is HIGH. It is fly or lure's only so no bait, great stretch of water, drive to the end of the res about two miles up stream from Packard Creek Campground and just before you go over the bridge hang a right on the gravel road and follow the river until you find a spot you feel comfortable fishing in. I recommend small spoons, Thomas Buoyant's or Kastmasters 1/4 oz and smaller, maybe even a small spinner. Tight lines and be safe on the water.

Chuck

Z
ztubs
Troutski said:
You could try where the Willy enters Hills Creek res, the flow shouldn't be all that high and the likely hood of catching some fish is HIGH. It is fly or lure's only so no bait, great stretch of water, drive to the end of the res about two miles up stream from Packard Creek Campground and just before you go over the bridge hang a right on the gravel road and follow the river until you find a spot you feel comfortable fishing in. I recommend small spoons, Thomas Buoyant's or Kastmasters 1/4 oz and smaller, maybe even a small spinner. Tight lines and be safe on the water.

Chuck

I bet a super-duper would preform there also. Sounds like a place ill go check out!

E
engineerfisherman
I checked out the stocking schedule and nothing I was familiar with interested me. I think tomorrow we will head up to Hills Creek and try the spot you suggested Troutski. It's been years since I have been up there, but I used to camp there quite bit as a kid. Hope we cetch something and thanks for the help!

E
engineerfisherman
ztubs said:
I bet a super-duper would preform there also. Sounds like a place ill go check out!

I've never tried them, but perhaps I'll pick some up and let you know how I do.:lol:

L
Lowell Life Fisherman
its been a few years since i have been able to fish hills creek lake but if you dont catch anything in the river you might go up to the big bridge at the far end of the lake and fish from the boat ramp with green power eggs. last time i did that we caught the snot out of the big hold overs three days in a row three of us limited out in just a couple hours nothing smaller than 15 inches and damn good fighters at that.

E
engineerfisherman
HuntsandFishes said:
its been a few years since i have been able to fish hills creek lake but if you dont catch anything in the river you might go up to the big bridge at the far end of the lake and fish from the boat ramp with green power eggs. last time i did that we caught the snot out of the big hold overs three days in a row three of us limited out in just a couple hours nothing smaller than 15 inches and damn good fighters at that.

If the river doesn't pan out I'll try that too. Just to clarify, I understand that it's flies and lures only above the reservoir on the river, but bait is allowed on the reservoir? Correct me if I'm wrong here. Thanks

L
Lowell Life Fisherman
below the dam on the river is artificial fly and lure only and above the reservoir is the same however bait is allowed in the reservoir. you should be able to find some nice crappie in the reservoir right now as well they should be spawning which makes them easier to find.

E
engineerfisherman
HuntsandFishes said:
below the dam on the river is artificial fly and lure only and above the reservoir is the same however bait is allowed in the reservoir. you should be able to find some nice crappie in the reservoir right now as well they should be spawning which makes them easier to find.

Ok great, thanks!

L
Lowell Life Fisherman
np, anymore questions feel free to ask i am an open book

E
engineerfisherman
HuntsandFishes said:
np, anymore questions feel free to ask i am an open book

I pm'ed you back, but I'm not sure if they are going through because they're not showing up in my outbox for some reason.

L
Lowell Life Fisherman
they came through. how did fishing go?

Z
ztubs
engineerfisherman said:
I've never tried them, but perhaps I'll pick some up and let you know how I do.:lol:

Do it, you shouldn't be let down. Dick's has some along with Myers, Dick's has black and the bronze,copper,silver,chrome selection you'd be wanting

E
engineerfisherman
HuntsandFishes said:
they came through. how did fishing go?

We did pretty good fishing around the big bridge by the boat launch. Got a couple keepers and hooked into a crappie, but didn't land it. French spinners and a red/brass super duper pulled in the most fish. We spent quite a bit of time just exploring and looking at potential camp spots for the summer. The important thing though is the girlfriend had a great time and no longer believes she carries some sort of "bad Luck"! 556177_4112211643098_105700464_n.jpg We tried to go farther up the mountain, but we ran into some pretty deep snow drifts and ended up having to turn around. Thanks for all your help!

Reactions: Throbbit _Shane and Troutski
Troutski
Troutski
Nice to hear, you have opened a wonderful new chapter in Her life... Good on you !!

Chuck

E
engineerfisherman
Troutski said:
Nice to hear, you have opened a wonderful new chapter in Her life... Good on you !!

Chuck

Yes, hopefully she will be as excited to go fishing as I usually am now.

Z
ztubs
engineerfisherman said:
We did pretty good fishing around the big bridge by the boat launch. Got a couple keepers and hooked into a crappie, but didn't land it. French spinners and a red/brass super duper pulled in the most fish. -- Thanks for all your help!

Glad they helped!

L
Lowell Life Fisherman
im glad to hear one of my favorite trout spots panned out for you and your girlfriend. always willing to help out what i can. just hit me up with a pm.
dustin

Troutski
Troutski
PM sent