Dry fly takes and jumps

O
OnTheFly
That's a sweet video. The guy with the hat with the long neck flap fishes like I do. He fights the fish with his right then switches the rod to his left hand and reels with his right. Glad to see I'm not the only goofy one out there.:D

L
lilsalmon
nice......

brandon4455
brandon4455
that gets me pumped.. one of those fish looked big enough to be a steelhead..jeebus rice!!!

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
Reactions: FishNinja
J
john montana
Sweet! Have you guys watched the Beattie outdoor productions stuff? He has some fantsastic shorts on Vimeo and YouTube. This one has some great footage, but disclaimer, it is an ad for a guide service...I have never used them and doubt I ever do, but I dig the footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv08XwL9qAg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Check out confluence films too. They have some good stuff.

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
O
OnTheFly
Nice ones John.

J
john montana
Hah...I know where I stand in the fly fishing social circles so to speak randy! But I am mostly kidding. Carp have gained a small amount of respect out there, and i still love to catch anything on a fly rod. That said, I am doing a carp presentation at the orvis store on April 14th. If you are near Portland come by and say hi...1030-1100. I still have those bow pictures you sent me years ago.

E
eggs
You got our respect bro no worries.. all these videos got me pumped up for fatty trout! Almost got my jacked enough to get my lazy arse off the couch to tie some flies just now.. if I watch then a few more times I might end up on the bench!

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
S
Sinkline

Last edited:
J
john montana
Bridgeport village store. My laptop crashed so I will mostly show pictures and answer questions, should be fun though. Come say hi if you are around!

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
C
ChezJfrey
OK, since we're on the subject of dry fly takes...what got me hooked in this fly fishing thing was last year, my first few tries with a fly and I cast a caddis (as best I can...mediocre ;) ) upstream. It's drifting back toward me, through the riffles, when a 12" trout leaps out of the water. Now, this fish isn't 'large' by any means, but it leaps a body's length in the air, completely missing the fly. I have a split second to kind of chuckle about that, when the fish nosedives back into the water, mouth enveloping the fly! I set the hook, fish on, land and release.

That was the coolest moment I had witnessed in fishing and I knew I'd keep up the practice of tossing flies from that point forward!

J
john montana
That was beaver island. I know the guys that run the guides on beaver (indigo guide service). The carp on the fly world is still pretty small. Beaver island is on my list, as well as grand traverse bay (where the vid I posted was taken). I fish lake mi on the WI side for the third time this year...lake mi is an absolute treasure.

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
V
Van
john montana said:
That said, I am doing a carp presentation at the orvis store on April 14th. If you are near Portland come by and say hi...1030-1100. I still have those bow pictures you sent me years ago.

Awesome. I will be there.