Detroit Lake report

M
MattZ
HereFishy said:
Hey all.. Had a decent day today. I fished the first bridge after you drive over the dam. I used mainly shrimp and I'd throw a worm every once in a while. They were hitting EVERYTHING. At one point I was experimenting with a bare hook just for s**ts and giggles. There were only a few other people on the bridge for most of the day. All in all it was a peaceful, relaxing day.

were there 4 of you?

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
MattZ said:
were there 4 of you?

I was wondering the same thing, sure hope there were at least 4 people fishing...

H
HereFishy
rogerdodger said:
I was wondering the same thing, sure hope there were at least 4 people fishing...

Yeah. There were 4 of us. Me, my girlfriend's step-dad, and his parents. We actually miscounted. There are 19 in that picture. We started throwing them back one fish too soon..

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
HereFishy said:
Yeah. There were 4 of us. Me, my girlfriend's step-dad, and his parents. We actually miscounted. There are 19 in that picture. We started throwing them back one fish too soon..

way to slay them, I sure hope we hit action like that the end of June when we are there!

L
leekwelsby
Is Detroit Lake still frozen like that of the first picture?

T
TTFishon
leekwelsby said:
Is Detroit Lake still frozen like that of the first picture?

That pic is from last year.

A
autofisher
Hit Detroit on 4-12-14 and didn't get into anything. Saw a salamander death match and a couple of lazy ducks. Just happy to be out on the water away from town and work. Hope you all get some sun and fins. This guy has homework to get done so I can hit the water again soon.

T
tomkat
autofisher said:
Hit Detroit on 4-12-14 and didn't get into anything. Saw a salamander death match and a couple of lazy ducks. Just happy to be out on the water away from town and work. Hope you all get some sun and fins. This guy has homework to get done so I can hit the water again soon.

I fished from a boat with a friend around the island and in the Santiam Arm on 4-7-14. Took all day to get two limits. A friend and I are going to go up tomorrow with my boat and give it a try.

T
troutfisher
Got an update on how the fishing was Tomkat?

Plan on doing an afternoon/evening trip Saturday.

T
tomkat
Fishing was slow, troutfisher. We fished from about 9 until 1 and only got 6 fish between the two of us. Worked the Santiam Arm and the highway side of the island. Used wedding rings with nightcrawlers behind flasher assemblies.

T
troutfisher
Thanks for the heads up. Think I will start out on the other side of the lake near Kinney Creek. I'll get a report posted up when we get back.

T
tomkat
I'll look forward to hearing how you did. I believe I'll go up again one day next week.

T
tomkat
Did you fish Kinney Creek, troutfisher? Sounds like your experience with the fish mirrored ours. Lots of strikes that didn't connect with a hook and a number lost on the way in. We were fortunate in that there weren't any small ones that had to be released.

T
troutfisher
Yes Tomkat, we fished Kinney creek. It has fished really good for us this year in April and early May. Yesterday was the slowest I have seen it.

T
tomkat
The fishing is bound to improve. Thanks for the information and perhaps we'll see you on the water some day.