Bent to the cork

O
OnTheFly
Ubelievable

Ubelievable

I was compelled to respond to this thread after witnessing the apparent departure of two outstanding members here on the forum. Had I known that what I said could most likely had been the cause of it, then I never would have spoken. But I feel that the reaction was more severe than it should have been. There have been other threads where the OP has posted a great catch without mentioning the location. Some people responded a little disgruntled that the location was not shared. A friendly exchange of words where posted and an understanding took place in which certain areas just cannot be mentioned on a public forum and usually everyone was ok with it. Now Sinkline played a little game with us that I thought was clever and fun where he would call the body of water he fished a similar name from the real one. Of course we all pretty much new where he was but for someone out of state looking for a vacation spot in Oregon to fish, might find this game a little frustrating. Now let me reiterate my point. This forum is an avenue for fishing information in our state. We should not feel that information about our popular waters are exclusive to forum members or locals and I believe that by sharing that information displays sort of a hospitality and good nature about us. I ran into this type of mind set many times here on the forum but when I decided to comment on it, I made the mistake to use Brandon's thread as an example. Poor judgement on my part I guess.

Now for you Brandon. Those words that Randy highlighted in my post were nearly a direct quote to me from my dad when I was not much older than you. It took me a little while to understand it then but now I know what he was talking about and I think it is good sound advice. I have since then told it to my own kids. My dad and step mother run a small business in New Zealand. In return for the business they get from the town folk to make a living, they are very active in the community and donate money to local charities. This is what I was talking about giving back. I'm sorry you misunderstood that. You're a cool dude and a fine fisherman and a valued friend of mine if you still want to be and I'm sorry I hurt your feelings or insulted you. I just thought I was giving you some legitimate parent type advice that you could use someday.

Randy. You jumped too soon. You judged me too quickly and didn't even get a chance to get to know me or fish with me. Before I joined this forum I fished mainly in still water. I am more geared for still water than anything else. We would've had a lot to talk about. I always enjoyed your posts and comments and I will miss them and you. I can't believe you reacted so severely as to actually take the time to remove everything you have ever posted on the forum except for the one targeting me in Brandon's thread. A selfish act and uncharacteristic of you in my opinion. And for the record, I have been married 27 years and I have been a father for 23 years. If I were self serving then I would not qualify for those two positions. Just say'n.

For the rest of you, I am truly sorry this all came down this way. Not my intention.

Last edited:
E
eggs
^^ +1

J
jimmy
fantasic derail..... hehehe

I missed most cause I was out on the water.

take a deep breath, hold it....... breathe out.

is there a 'private message' thing on this forum? ahhh there is.

all you cats are too cool to get all sucked up about stuff like this....

tight lines, big fish, post photos.

hope to see ya on the water soon,
~Jimmy~

Reactions: JeannaJigs and eggs
O
OnTheFly
jimmy said:
fantasic derail..... hehehe

I missed most cause I was out on the water.

take a deep breath, hold it....... breathe out.

is there a 'private message' thing on this forum? ahhh there is.

all you cats are too cool to get all sucked up about stuff like this....

tight lines, big fish, post photos.

hope to see ya on the water soon,
~Jimmy~
Jimmy, I thought about going that route but felt I owed an explanation to the members here I strive to gain respect from. Also, Sinkline has disabled his PM function.

C
Coastaldweller
People must not have enough going on in thier lives to get hurt over simple statements on a fishing forum.
It's finally salmon season, get outside and enjoy the sunshine. If people are worried about anothers opinion on an internet forum, they are going to have a REALLY tough time in life....

J
JeannaJigs
Pretty juvenile responses to constructive criticism that obviously was taken completely wrong.

Next time someone says something that I don't agree with even if they're trying to add a constructive viewpoint I'm not seeing, I'm going to throw a tantrum of epic proportions to rival this thread.

In the meantime, this dude has an epic beard, with a cat in it. TOP THAT! You can't.

-18F0-45F0-B4FD-4361E30E22C9-1173-000001463CCF359F.jpg

S
steelhead_slayer
[/QUOTE]In the meantime, this dude has an epic beard, with a cat in it. TOP THAT! You can't.

-18F0-45F0-B4FD-4361E30E22C9-1173-000001463CCF359F.jpg[/QUOTE]

LOL

F
flocaster
That is awesome jeanna! LOL. too bad about the departures...I know we all can get opinionated from time to time but I hope from now on it doesn't go this far.

C
Coastaldweller
His beard looks like my back...

J
JeannaJigs
Coastaldweller said:
His beard looks like my back...

The question is, does your back house a kitteh?

If not...wax on, wax off.

O
OnTheFly
Oh man I that that Was the kitten!

J
john montana
What the heck just happened? I literally opened this thread for the first time today, and kind of wish I hadn't. Wow...weird one.

Don't you people know there are carp to be caught! Hah...I hope everyone can get back on the same page here.

O
OnTheFly
john montana said:
What the heck just happened? I literally opened this thread for the first time today, and kind of wish I hadn't. Wow...weird one.

Don't you people know there are carp to be caught! Hah...I hope everyone can get back on the same page here.
John, if you could get Randy and Brandon back here I'd go carp fishing with you and like it. I'm still in disbelief over this whole thing.

L
lilsalmon
OnTheFly said:
John, if you could get Randy and Brandon back here I'd go carp fishing with you and like it. I'm still in disbelief over this whole thing.

Wow!!! Sounds good to me....take him up on it John!

J
john montana
I wouldn't have to make you like it OTF. No fly angler with a heartbeat can stare at a tailing carp in a foot of water and avoid getting excited. And besides...they are so cute!

A435-42B0-9189-BF7FD04CB9B4-38155-00001EFBFDFC5865.jpg

M
MattZ
carp fishing is fun in small doses, until you have to actually touch one... in all seriousness, your fishing for any other species will become better after hunting and stalking carp. the ultimate sight game. plus it often requires light tackle and man can those beasts run. Freshwater bonefish...

B
bigthackara
Wow, its summer time and fighting on a fishing site?

Couple thoughts:

1. We talkin bout Diamond Lake! Uckfing Diamond Lake! "Too Many" Lake according to ODFW. :rolleyes:
2. Any fishing report is better than no report regardless of any divulging or lack there of.
3. The only thing dumber than the original comments, was the overreaction to the comments.
4. Moving to Westfly is not the Answer. Rather take the high road, I have gotten flamed on that site more than anybody, good luck!