brandon4455
//

Last edited:
S
steelhead_slayer
Awesome. I'm hoping to get into some of those this week

L
lilsalmon
Nice report Brandon and great pics. Glad you got to get there even for a short time. Hope all is okay with your family.

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
jamisonace
jamisonace
That is awesome. It sounds like you really had it dialed in. I've never been there but you and randy are making me think I need to make plans.

Y
Yogidabear
I have never fished those high lakes and would never know where to start. Man that looks like fun, the 23 inch fish must have fought like a steelhead.

C
ChezJfrey
Sweet fish!

Looks like you made good use of the time you did get to spend fishing.

C
Coastaldweller
Great pics! I love that lake, it's a beautiful area!
Hope all is well, Brandon!

O
OnTheFly
As always, fantastic fish Brandon but why the secrecy about the location? It's obvious to me as I've fished there before but Diamond is one of the most popular fishing destinations in the state and I see nothing wrong with sharing a place like that with others here on the forum. Now if it had been a very sensitive high lake fishery, a public description of it would be out of the question. Then I could understand the hush hush about it. Why not post it up like "Hey I had a chance to fish Diamond Lake in south central Oregon one of the premiere trout fisheries in the state and this is what I caught and this is how I did it" A lot of dads would love to get their kids into one of those trophies and a simple description of your methods would have been beneficial to them.:think:

T
Throbbit _Shane
Yogidabear said:
I have never fished those high lakes and would never know where to start. Man that looks like fun, the 23 inch fish must have fought like a steelhead.

Diamond Lake would be a great place to start. Great scenery and even better fishing! Just make sure you bring bug spray in the summer for mosquito's, you'll see clouds of them! If you arnt fly fishing. you cand do pretty good with powerbait floated 3-6ft off the bottom, or use worm or bobber in the weed beds. Trolling will produce, and 8 fish limits arnt hard to come by :D

Nice fish brandon!! Bet that 22incher was fun!

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
S
Sinkline

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
/

Last edited:
B
bigsteel
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

troutdude
troutdude
brandon4455 said:
longhorn caddis.

Just flew in, from a ranch in Texas? LOL

Nicely dun...ha ha. An excellent report. And as I saw your pics, on Facebook, I was livin' large vicariously!

BTW, I do hope that your emergency is over now...and all is well.

O
OnTheFly
Still don't see the harm in disclosing the location of a popular and well known lake especially one where they highly encourage the harvesting of fish.

M
MattZ
I'm brand new to this forum and worked out the location before it was mentioned. I've never even been to this lake and knew what they were speaking about. there's too many fisherman around, and not enough fish. I don't blame you guys for hinting at names rather than posting them outright. I mean when you call the place a "Gem of a lake" in central oregon, just look at the map and find all the lakes with gem names. The search is part of the fun... Diamond, Emerald, crystal, ruby, hmmm, there is a Diamond lake in central Oregon... and its rumored to have big fish in it.... same place? worth a shot right...

sorry for the continued hijack, great report, great fish, great inspiration. I need to bend a rod soon.

brandon4455
brandon4455

Last edited:
V
Van
Great report Brandon. I am with you though on not directly mentioning where you are at. The population of our state is going to do nothing but grow and grow. That means ever more fishermen. Personally, i am not a big fan of the combat fishing that goes on on the north coast rivers. Having been through enough of it over the years during fall Chinook and winter Steelhead seasons i would now rather just only go once in a while or head a direction most others are not going.

If we want our special camp spots or holes to remain such, taking a few minor steps to not put the name and location up in neon letters are called for. Most knowledgeable anglers will work it out anyways.

H
hcole
Nice report, those look like some thick trout you got into. Make reports how you want to make them, can't make everyone happy!