Bent to the cork

D
DYJ
Sounds like a great day on the water. We were actually up there this weekend too, no fishing poles though.

O
OnTheFly
Don't get me wrong Brandon, I'm not trying to fight you on this. I've just noticed a lot of this going on here so I'm using your post as an example and no intention to get you sore at me. I enjoy your posts and those were some very nice fish. All I was trying to say, and if I may stress my point, is that it's ok to mention on a public forum where you caught fish at a popular lake that everybody and their dog knows about. It would be different if it were a hike in little fragile lake or stream that was full of 24" native rainbows and cutties. Now with that said, I would like to remind you that when you get something from other people there comes a time when you need to give back. Many veteran fishermen have shown you the ropes over the last two years so I thought maybe you could share some of those skills and information to others. And for the rest of you.....:tongue::)

Last edited:
Reactions: Throbbit _Shane
T
Throbbit _Shane
Van said:
Great report Brandon. I am with you though on not directly mentioning where you are at. The population of our state is going to do nothing but grow and grow. That means ever more fishermen. Personally, i am not a big fan of the combat fishing that goes on on the north coast rivers. Having been through enough of it over the years during fall Chinook and winter Steelhead seasons i would now rather just only go once in a while or head a direction most others are not going.

If we want our special camp spots or holes to remain such, taking a few minor steps to not put the name and location up in neon letters are called for. Most knowledgeable anglers will work it out anyways.

This is one of the most well known and most fished trout lakes in the state and has been that way for many many years. A internet report isn't gonna change the fishing or the amount of people there! Sorry for the continued hi jack Brandon!

G
GDBrown
Wow Carp !

Wow Carp !

Brandon,

Great job catching a few fish. Really like the photos and especially the one with the Mt. in the background. Kind of gives away where you were and that's what I like. I haven't been out much this summer but I did get in a few days up by Mt. Hood. Can anyone guess where this is?

Hint: I'll be there with a bunch of you OFFers after Labor Day weekend.

TrilliumLake-2.jpg

T
TimberTodd
Nice fat fish and great report.

V
Van
Throbbit _Shane said:
This is one of the most well known and most fished trout lakes in the state and has been that way for many many years. A internet report isn't gonna change the fishing or the amount of people there! Sorry for the continued hi jack Brandon!

Like i said, most anglers will figure it out.

J
JohnOD
Nice fish Brandon. Those fish can sure put a nice bend in the rod! Please send a PM with exact GPS coordinates ;)

I was hoping to run into you on Sunday (into you, not over you with my boat:lol:) but stayed home nursing a cold all weekend. Now that I'm back to work I feel good enough to fish. Something just isn't right about that.

brandon4455
brandon4455
./

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
brandon4455 said:
well you guys can stay busy being angry at me while im out catching all of the fish ;)

One of the best one liners ever, on this forum!

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

M
Modest_Man
Just a random fact - while the state of Oregon has seen increasing population numbers the number of anglers (and hunters) has actually declined. There were less Oregon angling licenses sold in 2004 than in 1975, even with the population increase. It's a nationwide trend, and a huge problem for ODFW ($$). Sorry I can't find more recent data than 2004, but the trend continues.

Untitled-9.png

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/agency/commission/minutes/06/mar/c_2_sales trends.pdf

Reactions: Throbbit _Shane
S
Sinkline
OnTheFly said:
Don't get me wrong Brandon, I'm not trying to fight you on this. I've just noticed a lot of this going on here so I'm using your post as an example and no intention to get you sore at me. I enjoy your posts and those were some very nice fish. All I was trying to say, and if I may stress my point, is that it's ok to mention on a public forum where you caught fish at a popular lake that everybody and their dog knows about. It would be different if it were a hike in little fragile lake or stream that was full of 24" native rainbows and cutties. Now with that said, I would like to remind you that when you get something from other people there comes a time when you need to give back. Many veteran fishermen have shown you the ropes over the last two years so I thought maybe you could share some of those skills and information to others. And for the rest of you.....:tongue::)

Brandon, I am sorry this sef-serving individual decided to ruin your thread. Disregard the ridiculous comments stated above! Those who "can't" are always begging from those who "can"!

Brandon, you owe nothing to anyone on this forum now, or in the future. Don't ever let anyone bully you into thinking you are obligated to disclose any more, or less info. in your reports than what you wish to disclose. And for sure you are not now, or ever will be obligated to share ANYTHING with other forum members you do not wish to share in anyway! For someone to burden you with that suggestion is just asinine!

Be true to yourself Brandon, don't fall victim to those who try to use you for their own personal, and self-serving interest!

Randy

troutdude
troutdude
Sinkline said:
Brandon, I am sorry this sef-serving individual decided to ruin your thread. Disregard the ridiculous comments stated above! Those who "can't" are always begging from those who "can"!

Brandon, you owe nothing to anyone on this forum now, or in the future. Don't ever let anyone bully you into thinking you are obligated to disclose any more, or less info. in your reports than what you wish to disclose. And for sure you are not now, or ever will be obligated to share ANYTHING with other forum members you do not wish to share in anyway! For someone to burden you with that suggestion is just asinine!

Be true to yourself Brandon, don't fall victim to those who try to use you for their own personal, and self-serving interest!

Randy

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

brandon4455
brandon4455
Sinkline said:

Randy

:clap: thanks randy. i do believe my post was completely fine and i was picked on for a dumb reason. i contribute to many different forums and always pass it on,im not some sort of ungrateful punk who takes helpful info and doesn't share it with others and i hope nobody on here thinks that,but regardless of what anyone thinks of me i know the truth.

Last edited:
C
Coastaldweller
With all of the hints Brandon gave, how could you not figure out which lake he was on..? :)

E
eggs
Wow wtf... OTF was just making a point (in my eyes a valid one) he wasn't trying to pick a fight... Brandon it is your thread and some very nice fish, nice job... as for everyone else i dont understand why everyone is all pissed off.. .freaking crazy to get mad over fishing... on the freaking internet... when did the game get so serious? Are peopes lives at stake?

Last edited:
S
steelhead_slayer
OnTheFly said:
. Many veteran fishermen have shown you the ropes over the last two years so I thought maybe you could share some of those skills and information to others. And for the rest of you.....:tongue::)

I personal don't feel I have the right to give away someones secrets that they were nice enough to share with me. If It's something that I figured out myself I'll tell anyone who wants to listen

brandon4455
brandon4455
eggs said:
Wow wtf... OTF was just making a point (in my eyes a valid one) he wasn't trying to pick a fight... Brandon it is your thread and some very nice fish, nice job... as for everyone else i dont understand why everyone is all pissed off.. .freaking crazy to get mad over fishing... on the freaking internet... when did the game get so serious? Are peopes lives at stake?

Last edited:
M
Modest_Man
steelhead_slayer said:
I personal don't feel I have the right to give away someones secrets that they were nice enough to share with me. If It's something that I figured out myself I'll tell anyone who wants to listen

I agree with this statement completely, and agree with Brandon on this topic.

E
eggs
brandon4455 said:
let me ask you this,if you made a post about a popular waterbody and someone got on your case about not disclosing the name of the location of where you were fishing even if you gave a few hints as to where it was,how would it make you feel???
I have had it happen to me several times... that's why I won't post about a location unless I am ok with the risk disclosure...If it is so popular and I was willing to give the name by dropping hints I would just openly share the spot for everyone's benefit..

brandon4455
brandon4455

Last edited: