Alsea River fishing reports

R
RunWithSasquatch
Its tough to compare any river of now to the rivers of the 50's and 70's. There are fish to be had up and down the Oregon coast, go find one :D

B
bigsteel
does it really matter if theres only 158 winters at the hatchery?someone has to catch those 158 fish,and it aint gonna be the guy sittin at his TV.

troutdude
troutdude
Steelyfishn said:
Yeah I am done with the Alsea fishing sucks. I think I will start driving to the Clackamas or Sandy. Not enough fish to evan waste my time with might even give up winter steelhead fishing all together who wants to stand out on a river in 30 degree weather with rain hail and snow... You people are Crazy!!!

Why go the Clack or Sandy from Eugene? Wouldn't the Siletz, Rogue, Umpqua, etc. be closer for you?

BTW, BigSteel...good point.

C
Chedster
Fishing on the Alsea is slow!!!! Everyone from Eugene should head to the Siuslaw where fishing is hot.:D

J
JeannaJigs
troutdude said:
Why go the Clack or Sandy from Eugene? Wouldn't the Siletz, Rogue, Umpqua, etc. be closer for you?

BTW, BigSteel...good point.

I must've missed a geography lesson.

J
JeannaJigs
Chedster said:
Fishing on the Alsea is slow!!!! Everyone from Eugene should head to the Siuslaw where fishing is hot.:D

Ha Ha haaaaa. Yeah, Fishing is hawt for hawgs on the 'slaw :D

troutdude
troutdude
If I'm not mistaken Jeanna, I think the Slaw is about as close as the Alsea. Maybe the Umpqua too. Plus, I'd bet that the fishing is far better on either of them.

J
JeannaJigs
troutdude said:
If I'm not mistaken Jeanna, I think the Slaw is about as close as the Alsea. Maybe the Umpqua too. Plus, I'd bet that the fishing is far better on either of them.

yeah the slaw is way closer it's a 40 minute drive from my house. If you're into combat fishing a 2 mile stretch of river that sometimes has in excess of 30+ boats and a ton of bank anglers, that produces less than the alsea, go for it yo. I was making reference to the rogue and umpqua, both way further than the alsea, and the rogue is further than any of the portland rivers. Period. Just think it's hilarious that everyone thinks the alsea is crap. Wish more people thought that ;)

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Next time you go, let me know. I'm like 20 minutes away!

C
Combat Chuck
GraphiteZen said:
Next time you go, let me know. I'm like 20 minutes away!

Dont go... haven't you heard the alsea is crap!

S
Steelyfishn
Combat Chuck said:
Dont go... haven't you heard the alsea is crap!

You tell em Chuck... :)

C
Combat Chuck
Drifted mill creek to campbell today, only heard of one fish caught... I guess the alsea really is crap lol

brandon4455
brandon4455
my uncles friend went yesterday and said he saw 3 caught and all the fish were below the north fork. he only got one fish on eggs in 4 hours

S
steelhead1
I dont know guys,we landed three and missed two more in less than an hour down by blackberry on thursday.Just took a quick break from workin on the cabin and boom boom boom, three in a row!I havnt been able to get over there much this year, but It seems to me to be as good, if not better than last year.Oh well, just more empty riverbank for me!:D

S
steelhead1
N fork was producing well at the begining of this week.I went 2/3 before noon on monday.Went over yesterday and it was chocolate milk:(.....ODFW is recirculating fish by the hundreds, and lots of bright chromers in the trap,should be epic when the river clears up!

brandon4455
brandon4455
yup, i hope i can hit it when the water color comes back and ill try and fish it on the drop.. IF my uncles friend will show me around

F
Fishermen Jim
Just came back from the Alsea by the Fish Hatchery. Water started out descent, but started to become cloudy. Lost one but there were five steelies caught by others around me, one was becoming dark.

brandon4455
brandon4455
impretty sure all of the rivers will be muddies up by tomorrow afternoon, righrt after the fish started to make it up too..

S
SantiamDrifter
Fished the lower North fork and right below the forks. Lost one, saw one other landed.... Today I was happy to be wearing my grundens

R
RunWithSasquatch
Im lucky I live close, I got drenched today, my filson isn't what it used to be