Alsea River fishing reports

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Yeah I went today for a bit. Fished up past the covered bridge pretty sure I had a take but missed it, fished the hatchery and saw a chromer or two in the traps. Three people at the Meat hole. Not a lot going on, at least around me. Mr. steelhead1 had a decent day it seems!

S
simpsoti
Anyone been out there lately???

Sounds like the run is about over, but I just finished up finals so I've gotta at least give it a shot. Better than sleeping in. I'll be headed out there in the morning.

S
steelhead1
fished stouts on sunday,water looked great and no one else around,had one miss.Seems to be windin down:D

T
Teo
Fished Clemens yesterday, no luck. But talked to a guy that floated Mill Cr. to Campbell and he got one. Does seem pretty quiet though. I think I'll float tomorrow, but it will probably be my last trip.

S
steelhead1
still some steelies around,hooked a bunch on saturday,all out of the same hole,all on eggs,all wild as hell!

C
Combat Chuck
Hey, no fair fishing the ponds in the hatchery!!!:lol:

S
steelhead1
The alsea is firing up! I hiked today from rock crusher to scott creek, the src's and nookers are starting to stack,think down low.

S
SALTYFISH
Wow this thread is old thanks for the up date though..

M
michigan_transplant
I was at scott creek again today. Got a cut, wasn't sea run but it was still a nice 14 incher. Nothing else caught, another boat down there only got one SRC.

S
steelhead1
you in the raft?

A
alseaalumaweld
glad to see the tread goign agin. anyone caught any nookies yet? i wish it would rain so i can get my drift boat out

M
Mike123
It's only the 12th of Sept... lol. There's only a few being caught in Waldport.. I think I'm going to try out tidewater next weekend.

A
alseaalumaweld
ya there sure alota boats fishing

M
michigan_transplant
@steelhead1 yeah, you in the boat with the trolling motor??

Last edited:
S
steelhead1
MT,I was on the toon.We talked a bit? I spent all day on the water and observed a mix of chinook,jacks,coho and cutties jumpin around and actin a fool. I dont understand why some like to nay-say what the facts are,but there ARE fish in the river.Just like last year and the year before that and so on and so on, for the last twenty five years I have been fishing the alsea, its been sept that the run starts up. I know it is early for nooks, and gettin them to bite is tough, but jeez, d00d, go see for youself!

M
michigan_transplant
yeah i was wondering how you got that boat in there, don't normally see many people in there. the jacks have been jumping the last couple times i was down there. all over the place but i can't get them to bite anything.

S
steelhead1
I pack the toon down.Gettin those salmon to take when the water is that warm can be frustrating. Water levels up,temp down=fish on!

M
michigan_transplant
maybe we didn't chat. i was there on the 11th early and talked to a guy that had a boat with a trolling motor on the back. they were fly fishing and trolling for jacks occasionally. either way sounds like we fish the same area. keep me updated how you do, there are fish in there. i pulled out a 17inch blue back a week ago.

A
alseaalumaweld
u guys driftin the river or just fishing the big hole at scout creek?

M
Mike123

Last edited: