Wondering......

• Thread starter Thread starter bigair42385
  • Start date Start date
B

bigair42385

well im thi nking of going to astoria to go sturgeon fishing, cuz i havent been able to cach anything over 30in yet. i want a challenge. ive never been to astoria and dont have a clue where to go up there. i would be bank fishing, unless my uncle goes but i doubt it. if you could help id really apreciate it. if u have an address id really help so i could plug it in my gps. thanks

Astoria closed for sturgeon on the 19th. You could go have some catch and release fun.
There are very very few banks spots down there its pretty much a boat show.

after the end of the month you could go below bonneville and hook some oversize fish if all you're looking for is a big fish to fight.

Sturgeon fishing

Sturgeon fishing

I believe the Columbia is open now below marker 85 (couple miles downriver from dam) and is closed between 85 and the dam until the first of August.

Evan

well im thi nking of going to astoria to go sturgeon fishing, cuz i havent been able to cach anything over 30in yet. i want a challenge. ive never been to astoria and dont have a clue where to go up there. i would be bank fishing, unless my uncle goes but i doubt it. if you could help id really apreciate it. if u have an address id really help so i could plug it in my gps. thanks

I was in Illwaco WA.on a salmon charter last Sunday and on the way back I noticed some guys fishing the bank on the Washington side downstream from the bridge. I assumed they were targeting sturgeon. Anyway, it was along the rock embankment by the road. The town of Chinook must have a chamber of commerce so someone there may know the area. Good Luck!

A guy on the charter boat and I got to talk'in and he was saying that off of the jetty on the WA. side north of Illwaco, they were slaying the coho's. If it were me, I would leave the sturgeon gear at home and rig for salmon!

Top Bottom