Winter Steelhead in the ice!

T
Thuggin4Life
You guys ever get that boat fixed? Headr there are getting some monster lakers at crescent. Not sure how much longer crescent will be fishable.

S
steelhead_stalkers
No not yet but we need to!! Started working on other things and its hard to work on the boat out in this cold weather. There are nice browns in cresent too, we don't have downriggers so we have never tried for lake trout. Sounds like fun though!

T
Thuggin4Life
They got those mini troll cannons that clip on or we have tried a dropper like nook fishing. just use a heavier wieght. and the are those divers I know you got those. can't wait to get back up there and do some snow fishing.

B
BlackBass
beaverfan said:
So I'm confused what's the point of this post without disclosing the river? These kinds of posts irritate the heck out of me. Glad you caught some fish in a river that you won't tell us about.

I didn't list the name of river because its irrelevant. I was just posting a nice early winter steelhead, and a story to go with it. Try it out sometime ;)

B
BlackBass
nointrntrprts said:
very nicely S.S..... I couldnt agree more. There are so many small coastal streams that do not receive hatch plants and get a good number of natives. a lot of us have done our own homework/footwork to find em and they are gems for that reason.

That sums it up,, i will have to say its these fish that are the most rewarding. Think about finding a "needle in a haystack" Thats what catching these winters is like, if you are lucky enough you will be rewarded with mother natures finest. Imagine letting go a Native fish knowing likely you were the first, and only person to ever see it.

P
plumb2fish
Nothing like creeping down a secluded small stream and getting slammed by an angry nate with an attitude. The best thing about Oregon is that nearly any stream that flows year around, is unobstructed and on the west side of the cascades probably has some winters in it. Go explore... share your technique bait/lure glory shot but unless you want some one else in you favorite hole don't share the where. Just my opinion Take it for what you paid for it:)

S
Steelheader84
Tis the crome season. WoW Thats som heavy metal!:shock: