Wilson weekend trip

H
hookemthengrillem
I am thinking of heading out to the Wilson tomorrow for some salmon fishing and was woundering if it is even worth going with all rain and what not lately. So pretty much do you think the fishing condition will be good enough to make the trip? Or should I go somewhere else and if so what river do you think would be better?

R
r_dawg1021
hookemthengrillem said:
I am thinking of heading out to the Wilson tomorrow for some salmon fishing and was woundering if it is even worth going with all rain and what not lately. So pretty much do you think the fishing condition will be good enough to make the trip? Or should I go somewhere else and if so what river do you think would be better?

From what I've read, and heard it sounds like it could be pretty good this weekend. There's gonna be a lot of debris from the leaves, so if you're running spinners you're gonna be pretty busy cleaning them. The river level is dropping quick, so if there was a time it seems like this weekend would be pretty ideal.

O
OnTheDrop
If you dont mind fishing with a sh** ton of people.

H
hookemthengrillem
sweet thanks for the info and lets hope there room for one more lol

B
Backtrolling
hookemthengrillem said:
sweet thanks for the info and lets hope there room for one more lol

I'm about to tell you something very important. Tomorrow morning the Wilson river is going to get hammered by lots of fisherman. These guys will be rushing to be on the river before daylight. On days like this I will get to the river late like 11-1. By this time the early fisherman are gone and the fish have been given a break. 3-5 is my favorite 2 hours to fish this time of year.

J
JeannaJigs
Gotta love having to get to the river and walking down by the light of your cell phone to get to "the spot" and then sit in the dark like an easy cougar meal and wait for 3 hours before you can even fish. Oh but it's all worth it in the end. Usually. Sometimes.

O
OnTheDrop
JeannaJigs said:
Gotta love having to get to the river and walking down by the light of your cell phone to get to "the spot" and then sit in the dark like an easy cougar meal and wait for 3 hours before you can even fish. Oh but it's all worth it in the end. Usually. Sometimes.

Story of my life right here... Haha, but really.

T
troutmasta
JeannaJigs said:
You forgot its ususally raining!

J
JeannaJigs
troutmasta said:
You forgot its ususally raining!

My bad I didn't include that as it's almost always a given ;) sometimes you get lucky springer fishing and stay dry, but then you're also hiking in around the 2 am hour ;) Bahaha. I've literally considered sleeping in my boat before. The things we do...