wilson tips?

N
ninja2010
heading to the wilson for the first time EVER to check it out - hoping to rip some lips and bank some bright ones with the recent rainfall.

but i have no clue where to go. i like to spend time on the water, not driving, so if anyone knows some potential spots to park and cast that's not too far from hwy 26, please share (the closer to the 26, the better.)

i've read that there're lots of pullouts along hwy 6, but i'm hoping for some guidance that'll cut down the number of stop-and-try-out...

and, do you guys think the fish will be high up on the wilson this saturday?

thanks in advance.

O
OneMore
Almost all pull out spots on the wilson have great holes to fish. I swear every spot on the river looks fishy. The closest spot would be elk creek campground, but make sure you fish the right side as only one is legal. If you fishing the campgrounds side turn away as my understanding is it not legal. Good luck and make sure to let us know how it went.

C
chris61182
OneMore said:
The closest spot would be elk creek campground, but make sure you fish the right side as only one is legal. If you fishing the campgrounds side turn away as my understanding is it not legal.

I don't think that's correct. All "Tributaries not listed" are closed, which includes Elk creek and the Devil's Fork Wilson. Though the South Fork Wilson is open for 1 mile. Other than that there are no closed spots, except private property, along the mainstem Wilson.

Elk creek campground is below the confluence of the of the devils and south fork, on the mainstem so fish away!

F
FishSchooler
Take the wilson river highway instead of 26, lots of more bank access, well because it goes along the river for miles!

J
just1nook
FishSchooler said:
Take the wilson river highway instead of 26, lots of more bank access, well because it goes along the river for miles!

Schooler, ya gotta take 26 to get to Wilson River Highway.