Willy Springer report

R

Redfox458

Just looking to see if anybody has or has heard of catching any springers on the Willy as of yet? I know the water is still high and fast, but I was looking to fish close to home with friends of mine this next week, was hoping I'd have a chance on the Willy (looking to launch at Meldrum). Thanks for all that report!! :pray:

N

Noahk

In addition to the high water it's been really off color too. I think most have been fishing the Columbia, which closes today. Maybe if this freaking rain will end and it will clear a bit. Should be pretty crowded next weekend but I would think it would be decent to good assuming the water is chocolate milk colored. Best of luck!

G

ghostcow

I was trolling under sellwood bridge from noon till 5pm, no luck for me but I did see one boat catch 2 fish within 30 minutes of each other, then another boat got a real nice one also. So they are there. 2 were caught on prawns, one on herring. The crowds will join us on the willie from now on I suppose. Best of luck.

R

Redfox458

Thanks guys! I guess it is worth a try, I had better get on the water now while it doesn't look like downtown LA traffic! I have a hole I like to fish near the falls, I'm hoping they are all stacked up waiting for me :)

C

chrishophoto

I have seen a lot of fish cought in Portland this last week. They are definitly out there. I'll be under the Sellwood bridge tomorrow morning trying to get my first from my Canoe.

-C