Willy between Harisburg and Corvalis?

A
alseaalumaweld
anyone fish the willy from hairisburg to corvalis? for anythign steelhead salmon smallmouth???

F
fisherwilly
I have fished between corvallis and Hyatt park (watch out for guys "wrestling" in the bushes) in my uncle's driftboat. This was before I even had the slightess idea of how to catch a steelhead, and I was just throwing cranks for bass into the riprap. I only managed to catch some sqauwfish(pc is pikeminnow). I guess between harrisburg and corvallis you really need to watch for the strainers, because I heard that people get in serious trouble and get pinned against the branches and sometimes die. If fish are passing over the falls then you have a chance to hook something, but it is a wide river and kind of hard to read the water.

Good Luck

A
alseaalumaweld
ya kinda my thougth never tryed to fish it my budy works out there and i go buy the boat ramp a lot and always see trailers just wondering if its any good. im sure i could caugth fish have to try it one of these days

S
steelhead1
There are steelies and salmon in that stretch, I would target the steel in the riffles .We float and fish that stretch quite a bit,but trout are usually the target species.

A
alseaalumaweld
thanks