Wickiup Reservoir Fishing Reports

JasonInBend
JasonInBend
@wils - glad the reports have been helpful. I've never been that successful jigging @ Wickiup, how much water were you in? What type of jig/lure were you using? TIA

JasonInBend
JasonInBend
Oh, forgot to mention that for me spinners in any shade of green still are out fishing other rigs 2 to 1. This one from Poulsen is my fav:

Candy-Lights.jpg

Reactions: Irishrover
W
wils
jfrost said:
@wils - glad the reports have been helpful. I've never been that successful jigging @ Wickiup, how much water were you in? What type of jig/lure were you using? TIA
pink/white 3/4 oz jig. the lens on my phone camerais fuzzed do to construction so no pics.
I look for fish on the ff in the channels off the points. average 25' deep no matter how much water is in the lake.

Reactions: JasonInBend
Irishrover
Irishrover
Nice looking set up. Similar to a wedding ring but with a mooching rig double hook. Might be better if they used a plastic cleves to hold the blade. I made some rigs up with metal cleves on mono and it was hard on the mono. Switched to plastic cleves and it works better in the long run. Still very nice looking spinners.

JasonInBend
JasonInBend
I suppose I should report on the bad days too. Fished 5 hours Friday morning - only 1 keeper. Bite was completely off for me. Only a handful of other boats off, only saw 1 other fish caught. Maybe boats closer to the dam did better? I stuck to the west side, mostly near the confluence. Tried all combinations of spinners and hoochies. Really didn't mark any schools, just ones and twos.

• Sad
Reactions: troutdude and wils
JasonInBend
JasonInBend
Fished at Wickiup Reservoir four hours Saturday morning. Probably my last trip there for kokanee. After catching two fish well into spawning colors I figured it was a wrap. Water is incredibly low - I don't think I marked anything deeper than 35'.

Wickiup Reservoir Fishing Reports

Reactions: SciFly, troutdude, Chromatose and 1 other person
hobster
hobster
I was camping at Crane with my family that day. Didn’t get to fish much, which was a shame, but I did catch a fat wild cranebow the morning of the 16th. Was pretty slow from what i heard. Water is low and algae blooms are present. Wickiup is super low!

troutdude
troutdude
JasonInBend said:
Fished four hours Saturday morning. Probably my last trip there for kokanee. After catching two fish well into spawning colors I figured it was a wrap. Water is incredibly low - I don't think I marked anything deeper than 35'.
That sucka has some shoulders; and is ready to dig his redd and get down and get funky! ;-)

JasonInBend
JasonInBend
That buck was angry from the get go and fought hard all the way, like he had something to prove.

troutdude
troutdude
JasonInBend said:
That buck was angry from the get go and fought hard all the way, like he had something to prove.
You bet he did!

Irishrover
Irishrover
Fishing was real slow at Simtustus. Took three grand sons fishing, only landed two pike minnows. They did find entertainment watching the choppers flying over to the fires. One stopped and filled his bucket, perhaps he caught some fish too. Looks like we are in good company with the poor fishing.

JasonInBend
JasonInBend
Had to try it even though I know the situation over the last few years - went out opening day in the kayak and trolled around for 6 hours just to see if there was any life left. Plenty or water for the main ramps, no docks. Threw out everything I had, lost a nice rainbow right at the boat and that was the only action for the day. Talked with one other boat that landed a rainbow and that was it for them.

Reactions: Admin
Top Bottom