Wickiup open

W
Wick1up
The evening's were the best fishing. Between Sat and Sun from 6- dark we had over 25 bites, probably 17 hook-ups and brought 11 in the boat. Trolling mostly in the Deschutes channel. Most of them were pretty decent sized too. Overall it was a great weekend out there. Storm would roll in then pass and it would be sunny for awhile, enjoyed a nice friday and sunday night by the campfire rain free. Only complaint on the weekend was that the Sheriff was writing tickets like a mad man, we didn't get one but we saw him writing them all day, even yappin at a guy with his boat on the trailer in his campsite. Oh, and by the way Hoodoo Rec management SUCKS!

T
Thuggin4Life
Kokes or browns?

W
Wick1up
Kokes

T
Thuggin4Life
T
TTFishon
lol

T
Thuggin4Life
I heard a rumor the high lakes highway melted off before the opener...

J
JeannaJigs
It may have, but fishing was still crap lol. We didn't miss anything. And financially, it works better this way, which means more beer. And I kick down.

P
pkasperek
We arrived at Wickiup Thursday Morning and loaded our boats to pack all our camping gear over to the cove at the head of the Davis Arm. I think we had every type of weather Mother nature had to offer but the ground was clear and the fire was warm.

Koke fishing was way below par, we got into possibly 2 bag limits between 12 guys for Sat and Sun but the Brown fishing was good! We pretty much stuck to the davis arm and what my group of friends calls 'Fattys Cove' (the cove at the head of the Davis Arm) I would say between the 5 boats we had in camp we averaged 12 Browns a boat with almost all of them above 20" ( we did a lot of catch and release so there still in there). There were some dry spells mid day but the morning and evening fish proved to be good. We didn't venture over to the dam becuase we just didn't want to fight the on and off wind that seemed to be hammering us from all directions.

All in all it was a good weekend and the hype of all the snow just made it a better weekend for the folks that did come up.

F
fisherwilly

Sounds like you guys figured out the browns. I heard similiar success through the grapevine on the browns.

T
TTFishon
im 95% positive me and/or thuggin wouldve caught a brown or two if we were there.

J
JeannaJigs
Shhhh don't let Andy know!!!

T
Thuggin4Life
It wasn't the hype of snow it was thebfact that wed when I called I was told the road was snowed in and would have to drive the long way in and go to the resort. Didn't feel like making several trips to get the gear into Tue Davis ARM and leave rig at the ramp. Also was leaving Friday right after work so would have been almost dark after taking Tue detour to get there. Really jealous of anyone who made it out bet it wasn't crowded like last year.

W
Wick1up
I heard a rumor the high lakes highway melted off before the opener...

HAHAHAHA funny joke.... We took cascade lakes highway becuase it looked clear and was open. Drove all the way to S century to find that they didn't plow that between C lakes highway and the Twin lakes turn, Road was closed. Alllll the way back to La Pine. That was fun.