Whittaker - Help

R
radiation
I'm going to Siuslaw Sat. to the Whittaker area and I could use your help!:pray: I need all the help I can get. I have been told that I should go to the Wildcat side to keep from getting into a gun battle for a hole. I was told that there are some pretty good holes North of the bridge that don't get as crowded as Whittaker area. I still haven't got my first Steel so I figure this will be as much a learning trip as a fishing trip. Watch and learn. If you folks can help me with what I need I would greatly appreciate it. I am taking bobbers, slinkies, eggs, jigs, pink worms, spoons and spinners. Does that about cover all the major food groups? Thanks in advance for all your help. Tight lines to all!

T
Thuggin4Life
You should be good to go. There are a bunch of spots between wildcat and whitaker along the road and you cna go to the whitaker campground and hike right below the creek and there a few spots. If its too crowded drive down to richardson and follow stagecoach and look for anywhere you can park and get to the river. I must say that you should come and join everyone on the wilson tommorrow though.

J
JeannaJigs
Whittaker isn't bad. I've been fishing up there for many years. If you can get there early enough to secure a spot on the opposite side of the road, just below whittaker creek...there's some really good holes over there. Good jig water. Also good drifting water if that's your cup of tea. Caught many a fish up there. If you really want to avoid crowds, head down 126 to richardson bridge and take a left on stage coach road. There's quite a few good holes along that road. Some are kinda tricky to get to though. There's also a good plunking/drifting hole opposite the confluence of wildcat creek, if you're willing to hike across the tressels and do some bush whacking.

J
JeannaJigs
Andy beat me to it.

L
livin2fish
JeannaJigs said:
Andy beat me to it.

Hey jeanna, forgive me for being ignorant but what is the deal with the drift off.I heard it was a memorial for someones father who passed away.Again,sorry for my ignorance.

J
JeannaJigs
Originally it was just an excuse for some of us to get together to catch fish drifting Autofisher's pop a top yarn. Then it greatly evolved into a bunch of us getting together to fish and to raise awareness of diabetes, and raise money for the ADA (American Diabetic Association), when Autofisher's father in law passed from complications of diabetes. So there's a bit of competition to see who can catch the most fish/biggest fish/first fish on the pop a top yarn, but you can fish however you want, and at the end of the day when we have finished our hostile takeover of the river (The locals ain't gonna be happy lol) we're all getting together for a raffle of assorted fishin' stuff and pizza (and beer too).

L
livin2fish
radiation said:
I'm going to Siuslaw Sat. to the Whittaker area and I could use your help!:pray: I need all the help I can get. I have been told that I should go to the Wildcat side to keep from getting into a gun battle for a hole. I was told that there are some pretty good holes North of the bridge that don't get as crowded as Whittaker area. I still haven't got my first Steel so I figure this will be as much a learning trip as a fishing trip. Watch and learn. If you folks can help me with what I need I would greatly appreciate it. I am taking bobbers, slinkies, eggs, jigs, pink worms, spoons and spinners. Does that about cover all the major food groups? Thanks in advance for all your help. Tight lines to all!
Hey man, ya you got it all covered. I was up there yesterday and there is a lot of fish stacked up below the trap but the water was dirty and high so not much catchin' goin on at least for us.Good luck,Fishon.:D :D :D

L
livin2fish
JeannaJigs said:
Originally it was just an excuse for some of us to get together to catch fish drifting Autofisher's pop a top yarn. Then it greatly evolved into a bunch of us getting together to fish and to raise awareness of diabetes, and raise money for the ADA (American Diabetic Association), when Autofisher's father in law passed from complications of diabetes. So there's a bit of competition to see who can catch the most fish/biggest fish/first fish on the pop a top yarn, but you can fish however you want, and at the end of the day when we have finished our hostile takeover of the river (The locals ain't gonna be happy lol) we're all getting together for a raffle of assorted fishin' stuff and pizza (and beer too).
Thanks for the input and good luck down there,I'm laid off right now and money is tight or I would probably go with my bro fishhunter, but we gotta do what we gotta do. Good luck to everybody headin' down there.Fishon.:D :D :D

J
JeannaJigs
No doubt it's a 300 miles roundtrip. If I wasn't goin' with Andy and Brandon (thuggin4life and bfishin), I probably couldn't afford it since my car's been in the shop all dang week and is going to cost me aproximately $600. But splitting up the gas, makes it a bit easier. Leaving at 3 am though, isn't pretty.

I'm itchin' though to get out on the Siuslaw, I feel horrible, I've only seriously fished it one day this year. I don't count the first trip down it in my boat, because it was at like 11 feet and chocolate lol, that was just a boat lesson.

Might take the boat Sunday, but, eh, there's so many boats on sundays! I need to get graveyard shift at the hospital so I can spend weekdays on the river.