Which is better

M
Moe
If you were refering to the bass then both real or fake would work.

S
Sh0rt f1sh3r
Ok. And what is a double drop shot rig?

M
Moe
Double drop shot rig is two hooks tied directly to your line each six inches apart, and then the weight six inches below the 2nd hook. Goodluck!

S
Sh0rt f1sh3r
Do the spaces have to be 6" or could they be more

M
Moe
could be more could be less, your choice. Just wanted to give you a basic idea of the rig

S
Sh0rt f1sh3r
I was thinking more of like 8"-10"

M
Moe
yeah that would work.

S
Sh0rt f1sh3r
K thx:) know of any other fishing areas within like 20-25 minutes from hillsboro

M
Moe
if you dont care about the species you catch go to murray hill pond on murray and schollsfarry. I am pretty sure u would catch atleast 5-6 carp. In the summer I have had 50 fish days there. Even caught catfish and bluegill there too. Nightcrawlers and worms. on the bottom. IF you want the BIG carp use no weight. Just a hook and go fish by the big willow tree and toss the bait 5-7 ft out and watch your line. Any movement wait two seconds, set the hook, and hope it doesn't rub you off on the rocks. Good luck!

S
Sh0rt f1sh3r
I couldnt find it in maps... Do you know the approximate address

M
Moe
It is just before murraw and scholls there is a safeway close to it and if you search up Cafe Murrayhill and find that restraunt go to it and it is on the pond. You can just find a place to park and go down to the pond.

S
Sh0rt f1sh3r
Ok thx:) ive also heard that the ponds behind hillsboro library is stocked with trout... Any1 know if thats true

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
The ponds behind the Hillsboro Library are closed to fishing - that's Dawson Creek Park - which oddly enough, is privately owned. It was built as a jogging park, and it's posted "No Fishing" at the trail heads. Once upon a time I did security work, and that park was one of my client properties. Drove through it 3 or 4 times a night. There are fish in those ponds - no trout that I know of, but I did see bluegill and pumpkinseed on beds, along with carp. Wouldn't be at all surprised if those ponds held bass also. Really beautiful park - but like I said, unless something has changed really recently - fishing is a no-no there.

Reactions: PhoFish
S
Sh0rt f1sh3r
Okay thx

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Bethany is usually a decent fishery - if size isn't a big thing for you. This time of year the fishing is really slow - but I've had some surprisingly good days out there in the winter and early spring fishing streamers and nymphs. A black or olive colored woolly worm or woolly bugger, or an olive colored damsel fly nymph - both around size 10 or 8 fished slloooooooooooooooowly has been killer. If you're not a fly fisher, get a couple of the small tear drop shaped casting bobbers and fish the flies on a 24 inch 4lb leader. When I say slow I mean *sloooow* - if the fly moves more than a couple feet a minute, you're fishing too fast in weather like this. As the air and water temps warm a bit, gently increase the retrieve rate until it's 'normal'. When the sun shines and the water level drops and starts to clear (relative to the normal clarity of that pond) I start fishing attractor pattern dries with a small micro-bugger dropper in black. I'll also start fishing 3" senkos either wacky or texas rigged for the bass, or a 3" tube fished on a long straight shanked hook, with no weight, hook through the body with just the eye snugged up to the end of the tube. This is actually fairly weedless in rigging, but doesn't interfere with hooking. The tube is a slow sinking bait that I twitch, or fish on the surface walk-the-dog style around the edges of the pads.

By summer the lake is so chocked full of weeds that fishing is tough - and weedless surface presentations are about all that I fish.

S
Sh0rt f1sh3r
Okay sounds good... Any1 got a ps3 and online with black ops? Getting me ps3 tomorrow an black ops in a week from tomorrow