Where's the fish

T
teubie

Down at Alton Baker. Have come several days now; this is how hard up I am to get out of the house. Very windy today and colder than it looks. A few just left as I arrived to say they had no bites. I have been trying worms, Power bait, hatchery bait, corn and cheese. Nothing. I have tried spinners but admit I am more of the casual one that throws out and waits. And I have been waiting a long time. I believe they stock on Thursday early but still I have not had much luck and Trout have been small for those who are lucky enough to catch them. So I think I am off to do my other hobby on ebay or clean the house. Let's hope after they stock it will pick up. I guess as time goes by and it gets closer to summer those darn stubborn Trout will start biting. Good luck all!

R
rippin fish lips
teubie said:

Down at Alton Baker. Have come several days now; this is how hard up I am to get out of the house. Very windy today and colder than it looks. A few just left as I arrived to say they had no bites. I have been trying worms, Power bait, hatchery bait, corn and cheese. Nothing. I have tried spinners but admit I am more of the casual one that throws out and waits. And I have been waiting a long time. I believe they stock on Thursday early but still I have not had much luck and Trout have been small for those who are lucky enough to catch them. So I think I am off to do my other hobby on ebay or clean the house. Let's hope after they stock it will pick up. I guess as time goes by and it gets closer to summer those darn stubborn Trout will start biting. Good luck all!

Could be fished out, fish could be lethargic. Try D street on the canal and anywhere on the bike path near D street. Go check out behind the duck football stadium.

T
teubie
rippin fish lips said:
Could be fished out, fish could be lethargic. Try D street on the canal and anywhere on the bike path near D street. Go check out behind the duck football stadium.

Thanks Rippin for the advice. I hear tomorrow they are stocking so now I am confused on the day of the week they are stocking. More people ended up at AB pond today. However, they all seem disappointed as well.

But at least we know there are more sunny days and many trout to come.

B
bran_man
It is usually stocked every other week normally on Thursday around 11... It is usually only good action the first couple days after stocking.they flush out of there pretty fast...

P
plumb2fish
Brandon made a funny, flushed out of AB.....roflmao

R
rippin fish lips
teubie said:
Thanks Rippin for the advice. I hear tomorrow they are stocking so now I am confused on the day of the week they are stocking. More people ended up at AB pond today. However, they all seem disappointed as well.

But at least we know there are more sunny days and many trout to come.

They will probably stock it thursday around noon.

R
riverman1
Was down on Saturday and walked the canel, and no hits. Mainly used power Bait. Over the last week and a half had fun catchibg the larger one's, but no small one's, where did they go. In total guess I caught 15 larger. Stocking should be done again this week.

R
rippin fish lips
riverman1 said:
Was down on Saturday and walked the canel, and no hits. Mainly used power Bait. Over the last week and a half had fun catchibg the larger one's, but no small one's, where did they go. In total guess I caught 15 larger. Stocking should be done again this week.

FISHED OUT. Wait til thursday around noon

G
grampa ron
ABC was stocked today around 11:00 am with 1400 legal, 400 large. I don't know why but very few were caught by the time I left at 1:30. Most people had already left with no fish. I caught 1 nice one stripping a fly.

Last edited:
C
coyo7e
On Wed? That's unusual!

edit: I called the hotline this Thurs morning and it only confirmed a couple spots as of Tuesday, no mention of Wed stocks.

Last edited:
R
riverman1
coyo7e,
Thank you for your reply, they may be back to Thursdays again as they have done in the past. Tight lines to ya. I will check today around noon.

R
riverman1
Just got the word, the stocking truck, stocked around 10 am this morning. Im heading down to confirm.

C
coyo7e
I might've saw you riverman1, I was the in the green jacket and gold car leaving at about 12:30 to get back to work. There was a crowd of fellas at the spot where they dump by the dog park, bitching about people's pets splashing in the water. ;)

Oddly enough, the hotline still hasn't been updated since the 5th. :think:

R
riverman1
What the crowd of fellas were talking about was a person could be fishing in a spot and with-in 15 feet someone with a pet would allow that pet to splash into the water right next to where they were fishing. What was talked about was for them to be courteous. All dogs in Alton Baker Park are to be on a leash otherwise a $100 fine, except in the enclosed area provided," City Law". I proposed an area where the pets would be allowed to have water access. I always try to see both sides of all options. that's the fair way of looking at things. Hope you had better luck then I did today as only hooked up on one and lost it, as forgot to tighten my drag.

T
The Reel Man
coyo7e said:
I might've saw you riverman1, I was the in the green jacket and gold car leaving at about 12:30 to get back to work. There was a crowd of fellas at the spot where they dump by the dog park, bitching about people's pets splashing in the water. ;)

Oddly enough, the hotline still hasn't been updated since the 5th. :think:
I was There at that time & did not hear anything that would sound so crude as bitching:naughty: about splashing dogs. Though I would say it is hard to fish with dogs swimming in the water.:think: I know the State Stocked Trout & we Have not caught fish lately. I hope Things can be resolved by all parties so The State doe's not have to Fine Dog owners. I love Dogs & Love to see them enjoy Fun. Including Water in a designated area of the Park if Possible. This is my opinion for All to have Peace. One thing for sure Anger will not work , only causes stress. God Bless All ;)

G
grampa ron
I called the line it says 1400 leagal and 400 large on Wed. I was there and saw it happen.

T
The Reel Man
thank you grampa ron

thank you grampa ron

grampa ron said:
I called the line it says 1400 leagal and 400 large on Wed. I was there and saw it happen.
i thought it was going to be thurs. anyway i wonder where the fish are? no one i know has caught any lately. i got 1 little one today & my friends none. i have got many in the past, but not now. i'm thinking that maybe all the dogs have chased them away from the area i've been fishing. that happened last stocking too.:rolleyes:

C
coyo7e
I saw one kid with a 14" and one other guy got a couple keepers and one 14" last night, but nobody seemed to be getting much luck anywhere up or down the length. I did catch my first sunburn of the year and enjoyed a gorgeous sunset though!

As for dogs, I leave mine behind when I know the fish are there however, you guys should realize those dog people often go there every day of the week, and theydont know that there's fish there. :)

T
The Reel Man
I do realize this. Thank you for your impute. I may try late today if I can. Thanks again. ;)

J
JeannaJigs
Those fish don't hang out in there long. They're in the river in no time. Used to be an infuriating place to fish when I was a little kid, like 8 years old. The only place I ever had much success was on the very far backside of the big pond, you have to walk a ways in to get to it (parking near the bmx track, or well there used to be one not sure if there still is), cross the footbridge, and roll up around the very furthest end.