Where to start fishing so many choices can't wait!

Irishrover
Irishrover
Just escaped Texas. Now sitting in Moab Utah. Should be back in Oregon by Monday! That three month stint in Texas sure made me appreciate all the fishing opportunities Oregon has to OFFer. I can almost smell the salt air of the coastal fishing. Not one day one the Ocean yet this year. :shock: Then I think about the Deschutes (lower and upper) and all those cascade lakes, it will be nice to drop a fly in that water. First though I think I'll take the spey rod down to the Sandy for some fun. Oregon what a variety it has.:D

I do feel sorry for those Texas folks, worst draught in 50 years. I went to some of there best fly fishing river only to find them either totally dry or darn close to it. It was 105 degrees the day before I left and it looks like it will be bad for a while. The first nice water I have seen in quite a while was the Animas River today in Darango Colorado. That's nice country. Would have been nice to stop but Oregon is calling.

Hope to see some of you out there on the river soon!

Reactions: bigsteel
F
fishindude
Welcome back to the soggy green Pacific Northwest:dance::dance::lol:

L
lilsalmon
Glad your finally coming home...the water has been waiting for you and so have we......travel safe.

troutdude
troutdude
It was only 83 here today. I'll bet that you'll enjoy the cool down...and the rains that are on their way. We had our first mild dose last Sunday/Monday.

Welcome back!

E
eggs
Call me when you get in town man!

G
GDBrown
If your driving north from Moab through Ontario, OR stop and fish the Owyhee river below the dam. They have some monster Browns in there and since it is C&R only for Browns there are plenty of them. I stopped for a day and landed about a dozen of them with the largest being 24"-25" range. If you want I can post a Google map of where I was at. I can still hear the slurping! :lol:

Hurry back to the fun,

GD

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Good to hear you're coming back home,Lon. Perfect timing for the rain induced runs.

H
Hawk
It's Awesome your on your way Home, Bro.

I have a gal friend in San Antonio. tooo dang HOT thar. :(

:clap::clap::clap:

Irishrover
Irishrover
Just got settled down here in Bringham City UT KOA. Getting closer to home. We will spend two day with my sisters in Boise then on to Sandy.

Fishindude I will never gripe about the rain again, can't wait to put on my rain coat and go stand in it. Used to fish Emmigrant lake in the rain back when i went to SOC.

RC this is the longest trip I have made pulling a trailer. It sure made me have a lot of respect for what you did and do. Driving those big rigs and long distance to boot, my hat is OFF to you.

GDB I went to school for two years at TVCC in Ontario 67-69. I did spend some time fishing and bird hunting right where you mentioned. I recommend it for anyone who is in that area. The Owyhee is a good one. I'd like to go back and check it out, but first I need to have Dave and Rose show me the Williamson. I saw their post about it, awesome! C U on the river.

TD you have got to read Kerplunk it's the one good thing I did in Texas.

Brother Hawk....I did do some bass fishing down there and I think I'll be looking for some of them when I get back. I know where some of them live in Central Oregon!

Eggs aka Mr Daddy (good job) I'll call.

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
Irishrover said:
TD you have got to read Kerplunk it's the one good thing I did in Texas.

Glad to see that you kept your wits about you, while you were away! ANY McManus book (or magazine articles) is a GREAT read!

troutdude
troutdude
Hey Lon,

I was just using Google, to research trolling techniques for my King Flutter Devle spoons...and I came across an old thread of mine. You posted on that in late July...and had already begun reading Kerplunk then!

Irishrover
Irishrover
troutdude said:
Hey Lon,

I was just using Google, to research trolling techniques for my King Flutter Devle spoons...and I came across an old thread of mine. You posted on that in late July...and had already begun reading Kerplunk then!

That's right. I left for Texas in June and also took "The Bear in the Attic" "Never Sniff a Gift Fish" and "Whatcagot Stew". It's nice to have a supply of short stories. I need to pick up The Double Jack Murders and the Huckleberry Murders. But that can wait until i get home.

Reactions: OnTheFly
troutdude
troutdude
Wow. You were totally immersed in McManusism...and you're still sane? Amazing! LOL