Where to go this weekend?

T
the_intimidator03
I want to go play with some bass either saturday or sunday around the corvallis area. The only place ive been to is freeway lakes and I was wondering if people had some other ideas. Ive got a couple jigs and some soft plastics. Also I will be using a 6'6" medium action spinning outfit with 15lb braid. and its also not warm enough for a top water bite yet I think. So if someone has an idea in the corvallis, albany area please shout it out. I dont have much fuel to burn... but i got some and thats what counts.

T
the_intimidator03
where would simpson pond be? And those two links are the same :p

C
Combat Chuck
I had some fish smack weightless plastics off the top of the water this weekend... so its always possible! Simpson would be good if you had a float tube or toon, not a lot of bank access though. Cheadle in Lebanon is kicking out a few.

T
the_intimidator03
I may take a float tube out. depends how I feel. So is simpson the first, second lake series north of waverly in albany?

T
tomriker
i've always wanted to fish lakes one two three four, down there by the river.. go there and give us a report :) sunday morning at noon, Ryan808s son had a bass come up and take the spro frog off the top, so they will do it!

C
Combat Chuck
the_intimidator03 said:
I may take a float tube out. depends how I feel. So is simpson the first, second lake series north of waverly in albany?

Yep.

T
TTFishon
the_intimidator03 said:
where would simpson pond be? And those two links are the same :p

See what happen before coffee early in the morning. lol

T
the_intimidator03
Lol TT. You should come out this weekend

T
TTFishon
the_intimidator03 said:
Lol TT. You should come out this weekend

Thanks but I'll be at Wickiup.

T
the_intimidator03
wow i must be jealous of all :p Enjoy wickiup. Ill try and find a 4-5 lb bass this weekend

L
lilsalmon
TTFishon said:
Thanks but I'll be at Wickiup.

The rivers are still high as of today....even one of my favorites that opens Saturday....I'm going to Wickiup...hehe

T
TTFishon
lilsalmon said:
The rivers are still high as of today....even one of my favorites that opens Saturday....I'm going to Wickiup...hehe

Sweet!!! See you there!

Eric, I hope you get into some big bass, good luck!

B
bassin16
simpson is kicking out fish. it is where i mostly fish with my toon. it has been good for weeks, but i have hardly seen anyone out. i am going out there tonight if i get off work befor dark.

T
the_intimidator03
so for simpson pond is there a specific area to park or what? It seems like pond #2 is the one to hit.

T
tomriker
i believe by pond 1 there's a little parking area but it's a pretty sketch area, i wouldn't leave anything in my rig AT ALL. i've debated going there with a toon, and just having someone drop me off. last time i was there, there were 2 bums taking a bath... interesting.. i didn't stay long..

T
the_intimidator03
Hmm after looking at the overhead maps on google. Where am I suppose to park to get to simpson ponds number 2. I see where wah changs is, then it looks like over the rail road tracks to the pond if im correct?

T
tomriker
on waverly, there's a parkinglot at the south end of first lake, and then a trail that goes to the others, but i've heard you just paddle to the end of the first one, and drag your toon or yak or whatever to the second. and third and so on..

T
the_intimidator03
Ah so your saying put the tube in at the south end of first lake and flipper to the north (while fishing of course) then take out and walk to 2nd and put back in again?

T
tomriker
yes, no use having to walk down the trail all the way to the second lake while dragging your toon when you could be fishing your way down.. did you look at the google earth view? you can see the driveway right before the first pond on the left