Where to go this Friday?

S
sportsmanlio
I have Friday off, and I can't decide where to go fishing! I just want to catch a lot of fish with a chance at a big one. I can't decide between a multi-venue trip to Little Butte Creek, Willow Lake, Big Butte Creek, and Medco Pond or a trip to Lake of the Woods, Hyatt Lake, and Howard Prairie. I plan on getting on the water about 10-11 and staying until dark.

I have done both of these trips this year already with good success at both.

Does anyone have any suggestions or perhaps a new venue with good success? I live in Klamath Falls, so 75-100 miles is roughly my range. Thanks!

T
tengu
Based on my luck so far this year I'd say Howard as that's where I've caught the most fish. My luck at Medco and Willow so far is one small bass and bunches of bluegill but I'm sure it was more my fault than a lack of fish.

S
sportsmanlio
Howard was good last time I was there. I haven't been to Willow yet this year, but I caught about 30 fish at Medco last time I was there. One 1/2 lb largemouth and a ton of bluegills. I used mostly mosquito flies (on a spinning rod) and the smallest crappie jigs I had. I caught 14 fish in 16 casts from one spot! Still, they were all small--about 5-7".

My brother also caught a big 'ol bullfrog on a fly there. There were three of us, and we kept all of 'em over 6 1/2"; we had 36 at the end of the day. My brother caught a small crappie, too.

I got some of those lures you mentioned for HP on my lunchbreak today. They were on sale at Bi-Mart, so I may have to try them. If I don't go to HP this Friday, I will go next week for sure.

M
Mad dog
75-100 miles from Klamath?

I would pick; Odell and Cresent for sure, top of the list! Miller or Fourmile if they are accessible, big fish in both of those! Little Deschutes river or some of it's tributaries. Some of the Sky lakes wilderness, Campbell and Deadhorse lake, Dairy creek or the Chewacan river.

Lot's of good choices!

S
sportsmanlio
Forgot to mention that I don't have a boat...are Odell or Crescent fishable without one? Also, the ODFW Recreation Report said Fourmile was still inaccessible. I love Campbell and Deadhorse, but I am hoping to camp there for a day or two this summer. I will have to consider Dairy Creek and the Chewaucan...I always drive by and just end up fishing at Deming Creek or the Sprague.

Thanks!