Where to fish on the CR this weekend, any advice?

H
Herefishyfishy
So right now I'm trying to decide where to troll for some nooks. 29000 over the dam yesterday!!! I'm torn between up by Lady Island or heading down out of the mouth of the Willy and following the channel on the south side. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Mike

P
perfectg03
Go down lower and you will be much happier. I would target the stretch between Longview and Saint Helens. Haven't heard many good reports from up where you are mentioning but I have witnessed and caught quite a few in the past few days down lower. Just my two cents.

Don't forget about herring during this time of year. Still works very well.

H
Herefishyfishy
Thank's I'll look into that! I just don't know that area at all.

Irishrover
Irishrover
The mouth of the Sandy near the old Sun Dial beach area. Try right on the shelf where the channel fades out and the depth start to climb up to 16 feet, right on that line. Anchor and drop a plug down to the bottom with the right amnount of weight to hold it. Just a thought.

H
Herefishyfishy
Irishrover said:
The mouth of the Sandy near the old Sun Dial beach area. Try right on the shelf where the channel fades out and the depth start to climb up to 16 feet, right on that line. Anchor and drop a plug down to the bottom with the right amnount of weight to hold it. Just a thought.
Thanks! I was wrestling with that idea. I just am not an anchor Guy when it comes to sts fishing. I am thinking I am going to head out the mouth of the Willy and head towards St Helens. With 29k yesterday and 21k Wed going over the dam there has to be a shipoopy load of fish in the river everywhere.

I may take that advice Sunday, I know exactly where you are talking about.
My advice for anyone anchor fishing with wobblers is my buddy and his family have been banging them with the horizontal rainbow Alvin's with the blue and the horizontal with the black dots heavily scented with anise and shrimp. They are hoglining at woodland bar and I just can't do that. I would rather troll all day without a bite than limit out in a hogline.

T
Troutier Bassier
I might be anchoring out at the Sandy next week sometime...

Irishrover
Irishrover
Anchoring is not my favorite way to fish. Thats why I'll be trolling down by Rice Island above Tounge Point. Going to hit it early tomorrow. That spot by the mouth of the Sandy is one of the spot I do anchor. Sometimes that a grate spot for steelhead.

Last edited: