Where can you catch carp in S. Oregon??

F
fisherkaran
I don't know where to catch carp in Southern Oregon. Any ideas?

S
smokin'salmon
come get them out of the applegate river near the 199 Redwood Hwy. I was there over the weekend and saw 5 nice sized bright ones in the calm water. i tried throwing a worm at them but not taking , trout bite was great tho

S
smokin'salmon
oh yea and the OSP that checked my liscence said there are a lot on the south side of the bridge also so good luck they need to get out of the river a pond flooded a few years back and the guy had a lot of carp in it, now they are in the river

F
fisherkaran
Thanks for the info!

N
Ntofishing
If you need a secondary place to go for carp, Expo has a lot of them in there. At times you can see them sunning themselves by the shore.

S
simpsoti
Smokin, is there good access to the river out that way? are you talking out riverbanks road area? Throwing spinners or bait fishing???

S
smokin'salmon
hey simpsoti, yes right after you turn onto Riverbanks off Hwy 199, you can pull off the road and walk up a little to the better trail to the river, there are several but the one closest to the driveway is the best and less poison oak due to the wideness of it, however you will need to do a tick check after you leave tho I havent gone done there and not gotten atleast one of the lil #$%^& each trip. you will see the backwater at the rocks. My son and I have both used castmasters and N/C with success with both. He caught a nice cutthroat a week ago (C&R of course) but it was his first cut. Anyway good luck and if you need a buddy to go I am always (unfortunately) available
Tight Lines