Where are all the hatchery fish?!

J
JeannaJigs
After today I have no spoons (unless you count the hookless one hangin' out on my key ring), and like 2 spinners...effectively cleared out my inventory. More snags than I ever imagined. I guess it makes my bag lighter?

Maraschino cherries huh lol

V
vw_Brian
yes ma'am...they take forever to leak all of the color out... hold scent well, and stay neatly inside of an egg loop. they have even worked well for us in front of a small piece of bubblegum worm. I better quit now before i give any more secrets away ;)

J
JeannaJigs
They taste terrible, so why not throw 'em to the fish lol

I imagine they would work quite well with an egg loop, and the color is ideal.

V
vw_Brian
oh man you"re killin me! i usually eat most of em (but them again i lick my fingers after rigging up roe) lol

M
Mike123
JeannaJigs said:
I rarely throw spinners but sometimes they work, and nothin' else was working so I figured why not throw 40-50 bucks into the river.

Back to what jigs and wormies.

Where exactly did you loose this 40-50 bucks! I want to do some snorkling this summer!! :lol:

J
JeannaJigs
vw_Brian said:
oh man you"re killin me! i usually eat most of em (but them again i lick my fingers after rigging up roe) lol
Ew so wrong. I cannot stand fishy hands, and most days when I'm on the river using roe I starve because the smell that is on my hands is not going in my mouth, so if I do pack a lunch, I bust out the latex gloves to eat it LOL. (yeah I know, it's sad...) but fishy hands are a no-go!!!

J
JeannaJigs
Mike123 said:
Where exactly did you loose this 40-50 bucks! I want to do some snorkling this summer!! :lol:
LOL You probably wouldn't even have to do any snorkeling, in the summer you can nearly walk across the section I was fishing. (lake creek, lol) Knock yourself out with some rusted lures

V
vw_Brian
its mostly strawberry jellow...what the big deal? lol

J
JeannaJigs
vw_Brian said:
its mostly strawberry jellow...what the big deal? lol
Strawberry jello encrusted fish eggs that smell like death.

I have no problem getting my hands in the stuff, but oh no, not goin' in the mouth.

V
vw_Brian
you said you fish lake creek a lot? im down there usually 2 or 3 times a week (well atleast lately) upper river or lower?

J
JeannaJigs
vw_Brian said:
you said you fish lake creek a lot? im down there usually 2 or 3 times a week (well atleast lately) upper river or lower?
Envy. I slave away at work and haven't been over there a whole lot. I've been primarily focusing on the mid section of the siuslaw and only get over there on the weekends (except for today, I took a mental health holiday and used a vacation day), but today I was on the lower end of lake creek and got nada, tried several different spots, threw away all my lures, fed some trout some roe, and lost a few jigs. I did manage to catch the ugliest sucker fish I have ever seen...but i'd have to be starving to death to eat that thing, and even then, I don't think I would. Was hoping to go over this weekend but not sure if I'm going to be able to or not.

V
vw_Brian
well at least you are getting out... if you happen to see a blue ford pulling a gray and silver koffler or a little white jetta (scouting car) say hi! im always around usually from deadwood to the fork

J
JeannaJigs
ah ha you're one of those boat people! ENVY. Haha. One day...I'll get my hands on a Koffler and be gold. Or con one of my friends into getting one, then I don't have to deal with it :) just use it. That's my plan.