When should I expect to hang up the salmon poles?

N
normanbeats
When is the coastal salmon season done with? I'm heading back home to portland until after my birthday(5th) I really need to hook up into one this year, and so far have spent over a week on the water and still skunked.

S
sidehillwinder
normanbeats said:
When is the coastal salmon season done with? I'm heading back home to portland until after my birthday(5th) I really need to hook up into one this year, and so far have spent over a week on the water and still skunked.

Fifth birthday? Wow, teach them young!:lol: Um...late November?

troutdude
troutdude
Yep, the nooks will be around for at least another month.

P
plumb2fish
If you don't mind driving to Tillamook or Port Orford, there will be chinook available til March.....

R
RunWithSasquatch
Why stop in march?! SPRINGERS!

P
plumb2fish
Oh yeah, we live in Oregon, I never have to quit fishing for Chinook....unless I want to whack a steelhead or ten....

A
alseaalumaweld
november. but no need to quite trying

N
nwkiller
this thread brings me down...dont want to think about ever hanging up my salmon rod!!!!!!!!!!

S
sidehillwinder
plumb2fish said:
If you don't mind driving to Tillamook or Port Orford, there will be chinook available til March.....

I didn't know that.. Thanks fur sharing!

N
normanbeats
not 5th birthday that meant I will be out of commission until then. Thanks, I thin my boat could handle the bay. I found a cool map that shows the water on a clear day where you can actually see the holes by the shading of the water. I always have other fishing options, but I just want to hook into a big one on my new bobber pole, or new trolling gear.

Last edited: