When do winter steelhead arrive on coastal river systems?

B
bigdog

This is very true and most of us hope to think this is what this site is about, helping other learn.

By the way welcome to our little fishing forum.

CJ

A
adambomb

:clap:well said!!!:clap:

O
OnTheFly
halibuthitman i fish bait and i but my cigarette butts in a pocket on my vest and take them back home with me! some of them might but wouldnt say a lot of them or most of them do lol

You are among the respected few that appreciate the wilderness where fish live. You understand the necessity to keep it free of evidence that people had been there. I think what HHitman was referring to, regarding bait fishermen, was that most garbage you find along the banks are items such as empty Pautzki jars, styrofoam nightcrawler cups and snarls of monofilament things that fly fishermen don't carry. Cigarettes, beer cans and gum wrapers are a different subject.

G
GDBrown
OK Start Over!!

OK Start Over!!

:naughty:No I thought it was at 8:25 am,:think: now I have to get my boss to let me change my work time. Oh wait I'm my boss ok never mind I'm set.

With all the rain and the rivers going up and down we can ALL start over learning where the good holes are. Most of the ones I go to are gravel bars and now there not???

G
GDBrown
Stupidity!!!

Stupidity!!!

I never thought your post was dumb.... it sounded lazy, and lacked true heart, which happpens to be worse becouse there is an excuse for being dumb, .....

There are no dump posts...

- Albert Einstein

L
luv2fish

well said.....i totally agree...its fishing...and not punching keywords on google...ending up with 30,000 different results...lol...i donno..some people believe in that..

MASMITH.....i know what you mean.....

and well members i'm sorry to say but STOP RUNNING IN CIRCLES... Jeeeezzzzz... he asked a question give him a straight answer... and stick to the thread ....

MASMITH,
Of my 5 years of fishing in oregon ....thanksgiving is a kickoff...but its not for sure anymore....yeah you can hear " i heard from this guy who knows everything" kinda people but with our system changing , fish immigration is changing every year.....

Like you said for gaurantee...man... thats the only word which is not in fish dictionary....but i'll say middle of january...fish any river closer to you which does get steely run...and i'm very sure with the time your devoting..... you will nail these metalheads...especially if your closer to coast.....

Important piece of advice when it comes to catching fish....
DON"T LISTEN TO PEOPLE.
If your not confident in yourself, you won't hook a fish even though there might be catchable numbers.

Now go get'em..and don be selfish hookin up all of 'em ..leave some for us.

Last edited:
L
luv2fish

you crack me up.......lol...thats right you don get the best gurl without goin in brawl...everybody wants her.....lol...

H
halibuthitman
aaaah right... yes there are dumb questions, and no you cannot be anything you want when you grow up if you put your mind to it.... stop lying to our children.:naughty:

B
bigdog
aaaah right... yes there are dumb questions, and no you cannot be anything you want when you grow up if you put your mind to it.... stop lying to our children.:naughty:

Oh good does this mean I don't have to by christmass gifts for them from santa any more:clap:

M
masmith

Yep, that's the plan moron. Just here to read a report, show up a day late, and trash the place.

Sounds like Ifish thinking (never say where or when to go, god forbid anyone would show up there...)

V
VagrantAngler
Yep, that's the plan moron. Just here to read a report, show up a day late, and trash the place.

Sounds like Ifish thinking (never say where or when to go, god forbid anyone would show up there...)

You need to chill out. You asked a question and it was answered. There are fish in the system's now. They will continue to be there in increasing numbers until the end of winter/spring. Just because it wasn't the answer you wanted doesn't mean it wasn't the correct answer.

You can't expect everyone to tell you exactly where to go when it took most people years of trial and error to find their productive holes. If you were serious about wanting to learn how to fish the coastal streams try hitting up people who fish them on a regular basis. Ask if you can tag along and learn the system first hand.

p.s.
If everyone else has the problem, maybe it's not everyone else

C
Chrome_Chaser

Why are you calling people names?? You need to CHILL!! Time to act like an adult. Everyone here is trying to help you, and you turn around and call them names?? I've been reading this thread for some time now and totally understand what every body is saying. There have been some helpful hints. Practice makes perfect. Get out there and fish, have fun.

M
masmith

OK, apparently you aren't reading the actual posts (I think the problem with the entire thread).

I wasn't responding to "everyone", just to one moronic post. I have learned a lot from this thread- specifically the the posts that answered the questions I asked!

So I am done posting here since apparently people aren't reading this thing.

Last edited:
B
bigdog

There are plenty of people reading this thread and plenty of them be nice and giving you some good advice. You got on here asking for some help and people have been more then willing to do so. So you aren't being told the exact date time and location to have a 100% chance at getting a fish, well guess what there is no 100% chance at getting a fish.

People have been telling you what they can to help you, telling you that you need to got out there hit the water and learn the rivers. Your saying you have found a few good holes on the river you want to fish, well go find more holes, learn more rivers and work for the fish you are wanting to get in to. Take the advice people have gave you on here and put it to use, sorry but you have to work for it if you really want it. If you don't want to work for it and want it handed to you then I don't think fishing would be the sport for you, might try going to the store and buying a fish instead, then it's handed to you.

You don't need to come on here being rude and disrespectfull to the members of the forum that have tried to help you or the ones that make the free will to not help you. Calling names and getting the aditude that you have had in this thread are the things that I see on other forums that keep me from being part of them. I don't see in his post anywhere that he said you were going to do what he was talking about just that he has seen it as a trend that a good amount of the people that get info on the net end up doing this stuff. By you getting so offended by that statement could almost make a person think he might have hit that one right on the nose though. I understand that you are younger and with being so you might be a little hot headed at times and get worked up over someone not telling you just what you want to know or hear, but take it as a learning leason and know that not everything in life goes the way we all want it to.

I think you might want to relax a little bitt and maybe think about how you are acting before trying to make enemies on here.

CJ

M
masmith

Please, please, read the thread!! I asked a question, got answers, very helpful. Then the "you can't just get the when and where to go, just go out and fish" Then the "you can't expect 100% chance bla bla bla bla bla"

OK, read the thread- I never asked that. Just read the thing. You guys inferred alll that stuff, assumed I wasn't willing to put the time in, and on and on it goes. Read the threads, think for a few minutes. Further- if you read the thread you will see that when people actually attempted to answer the question- there were different opinions! My conclusion is that Coastal streams generally are fishable right at thanksgiving and and the run is very heavy by late December. I also learned that they don't spend much time in tidewater.

You see, I asked a question, I got an answer. The rest of this crap is not needed, that's my point. It is the assumptions, people's soap-box, people inferring this or that. If you read the thread- objectively- I think you will all see that all the things you assumed about me have nothing to do with my actual question.

Also, I would like to thank everyone here who read the question, and answered it, you genuinely did help me and I am grateful for that, I just think that it's the other stuff that makes a great, informative thread pointless. In fact, I expect someone to read one line in my post here and go off on something else- again missing the point of the thread, and this post as well. But I guess that's just the nature of an internet forum.

B
bigfootfish

I Grade,
Spoken like a true angler! You really said it well.:dance:

BFF

B
bigfootfish

HalibutHitman,
I love your post. It reminds me of me. Thank you.:clap:

BFF

B
bigfootfish