What's the best bait people are using ?

F
Fishinrob
Hi everybody I am wondering what's the best bait to use at hagg ? What are people using also whatca good place at hagg to fish the place is huge ! Lol

Thanks !

C
ColoradoTroutMan
I assume you are looking for trout so I will address it as such. The consensus seems to be power eggs in Orange and chartreuse, however I have had success with bright yellow and Lemon Lime.

Here is a link for fishing spots.

https://www.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...26292217589313.0004a3a652c49615ec3a8&t=h&z=14

I usually just rig with a egg sinker, barrel swivel and 3' of leader to a #10 bait hook. 3 eggs and away you go. Some people like to real in very slowly others just use the cast and wait method.

Was thinking about heading out there tomorrow, good luck.

Reactions: Troutski
F
Fishinrob
Yes sorry I am talking about trout ! Lol what are people using for bass ?

I assume you are looking for trout so I will address it as such. The consensus seems to be power eggs in Orange and chartreuse, however I have had success with bright yellow and Lemon Lime.

C
ColoradoTroutMan
I don't bass fish so I'll leave that to someone else, LOL.

H
handmethewrench
That map is great! and thanks for the tips, hope to get out there next week.

C
ColoradoTroutMan
You are welcome.

Good luck!

troutdude
This year, garlic scented Power Eggs seem to be working best. And I agree with Chartruese, Orange, Lemon Lime colors...but, I also always carry White and Bubble Gum (pink & white), because sometimes those are the ticket.

BTW, don't overlook a sliding/slip bobber and worm (unless it's really windy and blowing towards you).

T
TennVol
Slip bobber using crickets.

M
Masin
My girl was killing them yesturday by floating a worm with anise on them.

troutdude
My girl was killing them yesturday by floating a worm with anise on them.

Ding Ding! And Garlic scent works on a worm quite well too sometimes.

C
catfishman89
3 inch senko for bass texas rigged with a little weight. Dropshot too. White rooster tail for trout. Topwaters and cranks early.

troutdude
Those are BAIT?

GungasUncle
As far as the State of Oregon is concerned - yes At least for the Senkos. Soft plastics = bait per the regs. Hopefully that changes in 2013...