What's in your fly box?

F
fishnquest
OnTheFly said:
Buggers Rock!:D This is one of my complete fly boxes.:D

I think those are the biggest, fattest buggers I've ever seen. I've used those (but way smaller), especially the black one, in the high country with a 4wt for lots of small trout. That post exudes confidence. Way to go, Jim

O
OnTheFly
Markcanby said:
I just added 6 dozen to mine. Elk Hair caddis,some chironomids, mayfly's, caddis nymphs, man I love Ebay.

Wow OTF I didn't know you had that many colors of woolly buggers. I thought you only fished the Olive Crystal.:lol::lol:

LOL! You know me too well! My original thought was to only include the olive bugger.

fishnquest said:
I think those are the biggest, fattest buggers I've ever seen. I've used those (but way smaller), especially the black one, in the high country with a 4wt for lots of small trout. That post exudes confidence. Way to go, Jim

Those are #10's. A good mid size. I introduced them to my son when he was about 7 or 8 and it took years to ween him off of them.lol.

M
Markcanby
Im goning to grab the camera an go outside to see if I can get some better pics of my boxes.

L
lilsalmon
Wow you guys....I need a job so I can stock mine...my boxes look pathetic. I just lost my last Elk hair caddis, which is my favorite and the one I am luckiest with. I am going to have to learn how to tie my own so I can have a huge supply of caddis. Bigsteel tells me the caddis are easy so soon I will give it a shot.... Very impressive boxes

E
everett464
I am going to have to learn how to tie my own so I can have a huge supply of caddis.

If you do decide to get into tying EHC's, the initial expense can be kinda high. I have been avoiding buying brown hackle feathers, because the are EXPENSIVE! If you want to split a saddle, let me know. That alone will cut your material cost by about a third.

The videos on how to tie flies are countless, and it is a super rewarding thing.

L
lilsalmon
everett464 said:
If you do decide to get into tying EHC's, the initial expense can be kinda high. I have been avoiding buying brown hackle feathers, because the are EXPENSIVE! If you want to split a saddle, let me know. That alone will cut your material cost by about a third.

The videos on how to tie flies are countless, and it is a super rewarding thing.

I have tied jigs but not flies. I have some stuff but have to get it out and do an inventory and I have been looking at some videos. Bigsteel has generously offered me some materials but I hate being a bum...hehe It will happen though and I am sure I will enjoy it. Thanks for the offer of splitting the cost, will let you know.

B
bigsteel
everett464 said:

you should check out wholesale sports,,,,,,they had metz#1 capes for 34 bucks,,,,i got a brown and grizzly cape.

M
Markcanby
You know Rose I bet you could talk me out of my fly tieing set up real easy. Shoot me a PM we can wourk a deal out.

O
OnTheFly
Looking good Mark!