What to buy?

K
kfallscody
Thuggin4Life said:
i think klamath has monster rainbows but never been

There are some monsters in Klamath Lake for sure! My largest out of the lake is 22", the fish that won the fishing derby last year was 28".. and I've heard rumor of some in the 30's as well. Hopefully I'll be able to have some pics of fish to show from Klamath Lake next month when I have my new boat :)

T
Thuggin4Life
Maybe if i ever make it down we could meet up and have a frendly fish off. Nice having a friend in another boat while on the water.

K
kfallscody
I hear ya on having a friend in another boat.. was wishing I had one during my little incident last May :) If you are headed this way just hit me up and we can arrange something. I am always game to go fishing :)

T
Throbbit _Shane
I say make a weekend out of it and fish Klamath lake 1 day, diamond lake 1 day and Lake of the woods during the night :D plus theres a lot of other lakes and rivers in the area. I can look into the camping rates. If you do decide to come down this way let me know ill bring beverages, bait, and herb, among other things.

Edit: hopefully i have a pontoon boat by then :D

Last edited:
K
kfallscody
I do know a bit about camping around here.. well there is the KOA.. but that is.. well.. lame in my book. :) There is a campground at the point of eagle ridge which I believe is free. It is a small campground that fills up quickly in the summer. There are also spots to camp at near the boat launch on eagle ridge. That area(Eagle Ridge) is also the best spot to fish that lake, also the deepest water.

If you take 140 west from here, there are lots of places to camp(Odessa creek, fourmile lake, lake of the woods, fish lake, etc).

T
Thuggin4Life
We will have to plann something maybe earlt summer or early fall. not sure on my finaciall situation. unemployment running out and no job in sight. on a good note slowly getting some of the debt paid off or at least eliminating some monthly payments and taxes might help and soon I will be out od BUII classes and have some of my tickets almost paid off.

K
kfallscody
That would be cool. Klamath Lake turns nasty around the end of May as the water heats up and the algea really takes off. That makes the fish NASTY tasting and much harder to catch.. so I always figure around Memorial day is when the fishing on Klamath Lake ends and the rivers begin :)

May is typically when lake of the woods starts to become fishable again(at least from a boat).. all depends on the winter. This winter, as mild as it has been, might make for an early start to fishing up in the mountains :)