What is your favorite fishing method for steelhead (revised)

What is your favorite fishing method for steelhead (revised)


  • Total voters
    48
OnTheFly
Thank you Barb for clearing my goof. Sorry people but I got a little keyboard punchy and did not create a poll the way I wanted so here it is again. Like I said before, I am curious to know what your favorite way to fish for winter and summer steelhead might be. This is a multiple choice poll so you can now vote the method you are used to and perhaps one that you would like to try. Have fun.:)
 
Last edited:
Fishtopher
Do you have to know the secret handshake to vote in the poll? :)
 
OnTheFly
Fishtopher said:
Do you have to know the secret handshake to vote in the poll? :)
Nope! Just vote how you roll.:cool:
 
Raincatcher
Since using the bobber and jig method is the only way I caught my lil steelhead I have to choose that one. I really want to try a fly rod,though.
 
brandon4455
Raincatcher said:
Since using the bobber and jig method is the only way I caught my lil steelhead I have to choose that one. I really want to try a fly rod,though.

agreed i can't wait to get my fly rod. but corkeis yarn and bait work good too. so i picked both! :p
 
Fishtopher
OnTheFly said:
Nope! Just vote how you roll.:cool:

Ahhh! The damned poll wasn't there until after I posted...I swear!!

looks pretty stupid now though! LoL!
 
halibuthitman
its like dejavue all over again:rolleyes:
 
OnTheFly
halibuthitman said:
its like dejavue all over again:rolleyes:

I knew you would 'cause you get to vote in your spoons.:rolleyes:;)
 
Last edited:
Fishtopher
Alright

1st was Corky/yarn/bait for Winter Steelhead. Mostly Spin N Glo or Okie Drifter and bait for Winters.
2nd was Lures/Spinners/Spoons for Summer Steelhead. Mostly huge spoons in fast or deep water, or slow thumpin' spinners through the heads riffles for Summer Steelhead.
3rd was Bobber/Jig for Winter Steelhead when it's too damned cold to keep tying up gear or re-bait!!
4th was a Fly Rod. Just because it's next on the list of techniques to move on to. And it seems like it would be the most exciting take on a cold, lightly snowing, still morning on a quite stretch of my favorite river. Stuff dreams are made of....
 
Fishtopher
halibuthitman said:
its like dejavue all over again:rolleyes:

What? My post looking stupid? Naw. That's more like "Groundhog Day".
 
Fishtopher
Fishtopher said:
Alright

1st was Corky/yarn/bait for Winter Steelhead. Mostly Spin N Glo or Okie Drifter and bait for Winters.
2nd was Lures/Spinners/Spoons for Summer Steelhead. Mostly huge spoons in fast or deep water, or slow thumpin' spinners through the heads riffles for Summer Steelhead.
3rd was Bobber/Jig for Winter Steelhead when it's too damned cold to keep tying up gear or re-bait!!
4th was a Fly Rod. Just because it's next on the list of techniques to move on to. And it seems like it would be the most exciting take on a cold, lightly snowing, still morning on a quite stretch of my favorite river. Stuff dreams are made of....

Shoot I guess I just like to catch fish!
 
Raincatcher
Fishtopher said:
Shoot I guess I just like to catch fish!

Ya think?? :lol::lol::lol:
 
autofisher
It wasn't really a hard choice for me considering the circumstances.....
#1 Corkie and yarn
#2 Flyrod
#3 Bobber and Jig

I have yet to catch one on the flyrod, but everytime I bring it out I get better and get more and more experience.
 
OnTheFly
Fishtopher said:
Ahhh! The damned poll wasn't there until after I posted...I swear!!

looks pretty stupid now though! LoL!

Yeah, brandon had the same experience. I can't figure out how to post a poll where the content and the graph show up at the same time. The poll set up only comes up after you submit the post and, while everyone is reading it, I'm still filling in the choice boxes. Therefore there is a delay between the time the post arrives and the graph.
 
Fishtopher
:whistle:I woulda said the same thing too....
 
halibuthitman
Fishtopher said:
What? My post looking stupid? Naw. That's more like "Groundhog Day".

Nope, I was refering to starting the thread over...
 
fishnquest
I try all kinds of different ways. Fly rod is the most fun tho so thats how I voted. It would be nice to actually catch one some day........
 
kirkster
For me #1 Corkie/yarn
#2 bobber/jig
As far as fly fishing. I sometimes have a short fuse over certain things. So the one and only fly rod I ever owned ended up in a hundred pieces. Lol
 
bigsteel
fly fishing for me,,,,theres nothing like your rod coming alive in the instant that fish hits.
 
OnTheFly
bigsteel said:
fly fishing for me,,,,theres nothing like your rod coming alive in the instant that fish hits.

Like when a fish SLAMS a drifting dry fly.
 
Top Bottom