What is some good bait to catch bass?

B
BigBassB8
I can't catch a bass out of the expo to save my life.Does anybody have some advice for me?

T
Thuggin4Life
use mice, a bass you will catch garunteed!

T
Thuggin4Life
If that doesn't work then I suggest you use dyanmite,

B
BigBassB8
live mice from the pet store how do u hook em?

T
Thuggin4Life
With rubber bands. Float them out on a piece of wood then yank or cast soft. Just remember this is frowned upon by odfw and osp.

B
BigBassB8
??

D
devhow
Thuggin4Life said:
use mice, a bass you will catch garunteed!

That's a joke, right? I certainly hope so. It's not only frowned upon by ODFW, but by real anglers everywhere.

T
TTFishon
I've always wanted to try a live mouse but will most likely never get around to it. I don't see anything wrong with it. They are called "feeder mice". :lol:

Try some top water frogs or anything top water right now.

T
Thuggin4Life
Pretty sure i am a real angler. how could you not enjoy the explosion caused my a live mouse getting gulped of the surface by a big ol bucket. Or any topwater action for that matter. If that doesn't excite you then I dont know what will. You must fish with a flyrod... No offense eggs, bigsteel, lilsalmon, OTF, GD, ninja. I've caught fish out of state without a liscen with a stick some parking look rats nest line a rusty hook i found along the shore and some cantelope for bait it dont get any more real than that.

Last edited:
M
Mad dog
BigBassB8 said:
I can't catch a bass out of the expo to save my life.Does anybody have some advice for me?

The expo ponds are pretty much cesspools this time of the summer plus there probably aren't large quantities of bass in them.....I would suggest going to Hyatt lake!

B
BigBassB8
iv seen some 10lbrz in the expo but they wont bíte sht .i whent to hyatt last weekend and caught a bunch of dinks .

D
Darthbeans
yeah there are quite a few 6+ in there and can be VERY hard to catch.....mainly due to the pressure there. Have you tried swimbaits or larger beavers? even 10-12 inch worms slow rolled can produce. But the real expo pro is CP and hes got it down only because of time spent and i mean a LOT of time spent fishing them. by the way a tube or toon is about the only way to go for the real big ones in there.

B
BigBassB8
iv tried swimbaits and a large watermelon red flk beaver with no luck. witch pond has the biggest population of bassb8?

D
Darthbeans
both the front and trout pond mainly though i have stuck a few decent fish in the back one...nobody really fishes that one though. I would stick to the trout pond though if your chasing size only.

B
BigBassB8
iz that the middle pond?

B
BigBassB8
iv seen lots of big carp in that back one.

D
devhow
BigBassB8 said:
iv seen lots of big carp in that back one.

Reverse just two letters in that sentence ("a" and "r") and you get an entirely different meaning that is equally true...

"I've seen lots of big CRAP in that back one." - Gross, but true!