What are the odds of this happening...

I
Ideceivefish
th_201002050.png

T
TTFishon
I'd say pretty low. I've been fishing for about thirty years and I've only caught one bird by accident. Did it go for your bait or what? How did it happen?

I
Ideceivefish
The bird hit the line during a cast and wrapped around it's leg.

O
OnTheDrop
haha its crazy how stuff like this can happen. I was trolling for browns with Rapalas and caught a sea gul once!

T
Throbbit _Shane
my cousin ryan caught a seagull 15 years ago it was great ;D

C
colbypearson
i was reeling ina perch at irongate in nor cal a few months ago in june "09 it was waking and the seagull took the perch got wrapped in the line it was a rush but it got untangled after about a minute but man my drag screamed :shock::shock::D:lol:

A
Anyfishisfine
Fishing in Nehalem bay for salmon people were hooking gulls all day. They would swoop down and grab your herring. The fun part was their mate attacking you while you tried to unhook it.

T
troutmasta
In Texas we catch alligator snaping turtles on catfish bait all day. The scary thing is they can easily bite your finger clean off.
I saw a duck at harriet hooked to a tree by a broken off snag. It was a shiny red probably #8 single egg hook. It was completley hooked through the tounge. In the process of trying to unhook it i fell in the water,
DEEP. As my waders were filling with water this old man stuck a branch out and I grabbed it. He pulled me in and i used my K-bar to cut the branch off the tree.(the one the duck was hooked to) we grabbed the branch and bird took a few feet away from the water and un hooked it. I'm sure the poor thing had permanent damage cause his tounge was hanging out of its mouth like daffy duck. but he was alive. I caught nothing but German browns and cuttie hybrids that weekend.......karma maybe???? I dont know but I had a great time!

T
TTFishon
Ideceivefish said:
The bird hit the line during a cast and wrapped around it's leg.

Then I'd say the odds are very, very, very, slim. I don't think you could do that again even if you tried.

T
todd_brooks
This kind of thing is why I'm always picking up string dirt bags have left lying around. Its evil sh it for little critters.

M
metalfisher76
Anyfishisfine said:
Fishing in Nehalem bay for salmon people were hooking gulls all day. They would swoop down and grab your herring. The fun part was their mate attacking you while you tried to unhook it.

Yep, lots of seagulls on! there and T bay. Wasting my herring!!!!:mad:

H
Herefishyfishy
years and years ago I was fishing for trout a Trillium lake with a spinner. There were some ducks swimming around fairly close by but I didn't think anything about it. Next thing I know my spinner gets hit HARD and I'm yelling "big fish on!" One second later this duck pops out of the water with my spinner in it's beak and starts going nuts! It took about 10 minutes to finally get ahold of that thing and get the hook out safely! Also a few weeks ago I was plunking at Meldrum when a guys bell starts ringing like crazy so he runs to it yelling fish on! Same as my story a second later duck came poppin out of the water getting its freak on!

G
grampa ron
catching birds

catching birds

I caught a Mallard hen last year on a dry fly. While I was try to get the hook out of her tonge 3 male ducks came over and tried to mate with her. I guess they thot I was going to hold her for them.

O
Outdoor_Myers
grampa ron said:
I caught a Mallard hen last year on a dry fly. While I was try to get the hook out of her tonge 3 male ducks came over and tried to mate with her. I guess they thot I was going to hold her for them.

duck rape lol that is funny in a sick minded kind of a way

L
lilsalmon
Outdoor_Myers said:
duck rape lol that is funny in a sick minded kind of a way

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

C
Cohosanders
Ideceivebirds:lol:

I
Ideceivefish
Cohosanders said:
Ideceivebirds:lol:

It was actually my bro that caught the bird. :)