Well played Mr. Bass

C
cookshot
Went to the bear creek arm about 9 this morning with the danger dog. Bound and determined to catch a big bass. He apparently outsmarted me. Caught a catfish about 10 minutes in on a super roostertail. No more action for about 3 hours. Ended up catching a couple small bass and a single crappie on a 1/4 oz roostertail. The senko I brought never got a single hit, nor did the jig. Super windy, but was better than working anyhow. If anyone could give me tips on how to better fish that area it would be greatly appreciated.

B
Basser@Heart
Fish the dam and bluff on the far side. Try tubes, shakey heads and dropshot. Cranks work too, try red or brown to imitate crawdads. The other end of the lake can be fished from a toon and can be very good for largemouth.

C
cookshot
Awesome, thanks for the info. You mean like the unimproved road on the other side? Looks fishy, but I havent tried it yet.

C
Combat Chuck
Tubes are always my fallback. I forget about them too often. Ive worked a bank with multiple baits then switched to a tube and got 2 on 3 casts. Always embarrassing.

C
cookshot
I think I may have the opposite tendency. Tubes are generally my go to and I fall back on rooster tails. I wish senkos were a little cheaper. They are killers!