Wanting to catch some salmon

B
bigdog
cj10488 said:
Well I went out today and had absolutely no luck. Fished Oxbow, garbage hole and checked out Cedar creek. Talk about a bunch of %$#%#$ snaggers out there.. I walked down and nothing but snaggers all over the place. Got pissed and ended up turning around and heading right back home. Snaggers **** me off so bad.

Didn'T see any fish caught today at any of the places I was at. Head of a drift boat right by where I was at oxbow landed 1 and lost 2 but I didn't see any of that happen. I tossed everything from Eggs, Spinners and Wobblers. Everything in the box was tossed at them and nadda.

James

:lol: You must have waded over to the meat hole/ slaughter hole. Don't let things or people like that get to you out there, this is Ho season and like it or not they are out there and even more so during Ho season. Good for you for turning around and leaving and not getting in to a fight or argument with someone out there, it is not worth it.

Keep trying and don't give up, Ho season still has a good month left in it if not more depending on the size of the run this year. It can get frustrating at times trying to get in to a fish out there but when you do, all the time you have put in to it out there is more then worth it. Make sure you don't have your drag set to tight though the worse thing that could happen is all the time and affect you put in to it goes bye bye because you set the drag to tight and the fish snaps you OFF. I like to keep mine pretty loose and control the fish with my hand on the spool when I'm using my spinner rod and my thumb when I'm using my bait caster. Don't get to worked up and try to horse the fish in let it do some running but make sure you can feel the tension on the line, if it gets slack in the line they are good at getting OFF the hook then.

B
BobbiDollPDX
bigdog said:
:lol: You must have waded over to the meat hole/ slaughter hole. Don't let things or people like that get to you out there, this is Ho season and like it or not they are out there and even more so during Ho season. Good for you for turning around and leaving and not getting in to a fight or argument with someone out there, it is not worth it.

Keep trying and don't give up, Ho season still has a good month left in it if not more depending on the size of the run this year. It can get frustrating at times trying to get in to a fish out there but when you do, all the time you have put in to it out there is more then worth it. Make sure you don't have your drag set to tight though the worse thing that could happen is all the time and affect you put in to it goes bye bye because you set the drag to tight and the fish snaps you OFF. I like to keep mine pretty loose and control the fish with my hand on the spool when I'm using my spinner rod and my thumb when I'm using my bait caster. Don't get to worked up and try to horse the fish in let it do some running but make sure you can feel the tension on the line, if it gets slack in the line they are good at getting OFF the hook then.

Listen to this guy. He gets into fish regularly and gets them on the bank.

B
bigdog
BobbiDollPDX said:
Listen to this guy. He gets into fish regularly and gets them on the bank.

Well aren't you the kind one. I don't think I'm going to be able to fill a second harvest card this year though. I might be able to though there are still winters come up. But at $17 bucks for each harvest card I don't know if I want to try to fill a second one lol.

B
BobbiDollPDX
bigdog said:
Well aren't you the kind one. I don't think I'm going to be able to fill a second harvest card this year though. I might be able to though there are still winters come up. But at $17 bucks for each harvest card I don't know if I want to try to fill a second one lol.

That's me... all sugar and spice

A
annemorrison37
good luck.. I'm sure you will be having a lot of harvest the next time. hardwork plus hardwork will result to a more prosperous opportunity. I'm thinking of something to harvest too. Not only that I want fish but maybe grains...